How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 05-23-2014, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack won't boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
sarcasm?..... or did you get the issue resolved?
No sarcasm, Avid came through like champions!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 05-23-2014, 01:09 PM

Sweet
Old 05-23-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
good

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-24-2014, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post

So what does this mean for the rest of us with orange garden ornaments? Help is on the way?
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 05-30-2014, 03:47 AM

*crickets*
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 05-30-2014, 08:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Brad,
As DigiTechSupt wrote earlier in this thread in a reply to you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The clocking problem was a design issue that we identified and took responsibility for. It affected a specific range of units and all were covered under warranty.
Barry's Eleven Rack was one of these early units, and he had never registered it.

As you also wrote earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad383music View Post
Technical workshops in Melbourne is the only place you can get a repair. They are an Avid preferred repairer or what ever the technical name for that is. I had 2 units repaired by them under warranty, but the latest no boot issue was going to cost more for postage, quote, repair, return postage, than to get another brand new unit from the US. If you live in Victoria or on the eastern sea board you may find it cheaper than I did living in WA.
Have you contacted Avid Support with the details and serial number of the specific Eleven Rack unit you are writing about now?
Old 05-31-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Brad,

Barry's Eleven Rack was one of these early units, and he had never registered it.

Have you contacted Avid Support with the details and serial number of the specific Eleven Rack unit you are writing about now?
Bruce, thank you for coming to my rescue! My replacement 11R arrived yesterday and I am over the top satisfied with how you personally and Avid handled my situation. I fired the 11R up last night and had a blast playing through it. I would have never thought I would have appreciated owning the unit as I had when it was not in service.

Again, thanks so much for everything!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 06-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Brad,

Yes I have and I have also PM'd my details etc to you.
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 PM

Can I just say that in all my 38 years on this orb we live on, I have never had any people or company with as much drive and determination to keep a customer happy. Bruce Paine, Hiro and Chris when they were here in the very early days,Steve from ACS and Avid in general, thank you sincerely for your commitment to caring for and helping your customers.

I put my hand up and say I've had my share of gripes with the company, but when nuts comes to guts, I have never been let down. Hand on heart the eleven rack people are the best I have ever dealt with. Mr Avid CEO, these are the people that make your company what it is.
Gibson Guitars
Washburn Guitars
Michael Kelly Guitars
Yamaha Bass
Roland TD30K
EZ Drummer 2
Superior Drummer 2.2
Old 06-18-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
The clocking problem was a design issue that we identified and took responsibility for. It affected a specific range of units and all were covered under warranty.

The Eleven Rack includes a 1 year (US) warranty which covers parts and labor. As stated in the warranty, failing units can be repaired or replaced, and in either case the original warranty (measured from date of purchase) is still in place. Repairs typically carry a 90-day warranty.

If a unit is replaced under warranty then the warranty is still in effect (it covers the replacement unit from the date of purchase as if it's the original unit).

I'm sorry that your Eleven Rack has failed, but as stated earlier this is not a known design problem. I did check your registration and didn't see an Eleven Rack. I did see an Eleven Rack Expansion Pack purchased about 3 years ago, so if that was for this unit that would put this Eleven Rack 2 years out of warranty. It's unfortunate that occasionally products fail, but we do try to build quality hardware and there are repair options available for times when that's needed. As with other gear there are real costs to cover for parts and labor. It might be worth setting up an RMA to get it in and diagnose it (some Repair Centers might charge a bench fee for this according to their policy) so that's worth looking into as well.

I'm checking with our repair dept to see if there is anything else we can do to assist here. I couldn't find you registered for an Eleven Rack, and there's no support case so I'll start one to get your info.

Regards,
JC
I am an honest man, and know God and my kids are always watching. I think you guys have made a mistake. I received an email with a fedex tracking number referencing my original RMA, but I have already received my replacement 11R with much appreciation. I have followed the shipment and it's due to arrive on Monday. My guess is you have a computer glitch and your are sending me yet another 11R. I will let you know when it arrives, just let me know how to ship it back to you.

Tracking Number: 564003412800 FXD 6/16/14

Avid Order # 0030026533
Case Number - 02417378
RMA Number - RMA-175667

Maybe you can contact fedex and have them stop delivery? Otherwise, I have no problem spending my own money to ship it back as I have been so impressed with what you've done for me!