Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2009, 05:32 PM

Default Digidesign Technical Support

customer (one percent free)

hello ::: i have been getting clicks and pops sounds with my mbox2 on my imac 2.4. My mbox2 as been verified and is in working order say's my dealer- digi said the same thing to them /// the problem happens usually when i am on the net and pro tools together the solution to making it stop is to go in my hardware setup and switch between spdif and internal then the problem goes away but the crackels come back after a while.. is this a problem with my usb bus on my computer anybody knows whats going on - there is nothing plugged to my mbox2 i/o it's all internal using new pt8.0cs2. thx

http://www.myspace.com/onepercentfree

Response (Digidesign Technical Support) 03/02/2009 11.37 PM
Hello,

First, make sure that you have Bluetooth and Airport disabled while you are using Pro Tools. These run on the USB bus and can cause issues. Also, make sure that you are connecting your Mbox2 directly to a USB port on the iMac and not going through a USB hub or extender of any sort.

You say a solution is to toggle the clock source to S/PDIF and back to Internal? Or is it on S/PDIF and you are changing it to internal? Do you have a digital device connected to the S/PDIF Input?

If you don't have any I/Os connected, what kind of sessions are you working on? Do you have virtual instruments or are you working with all audio tracks from another system?

Best regards,
Digidesign Technical Support

Customer (one percent free) 03/03/2009 01.10 AM

yes i have bluetooth and airport disabled and i am directly connected to a usb port on my imac. I have no device connected to the spdif input i toggle between internal and spdif and back again it gets rid of the distortion instead of restarting the computer. I use a pretty big session of about 32 or more tracks with no virtual instruments!!! the tracks where recorded using structure and laid on audio tracks for final mixes. Unfortunately i have had this problem for a while and can't seem to figure it out i had my mbox2 unit checked by my dealer it passed the test of running loops all day with no glitch but on my new imac i get the same distortion every time i would really appreciate your help on solving this issue.

all best,

ps: also i just noticed that the distortion does not get added the my bounce tracks. I just tried to send you a file with the distortion for a check but after the toggle between internal and spdif and back again the file was clean even if it got bounced while i was hearing major distortion.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Digidesign Technical Support

I seem to remember that deleting DAE prefs sometimes fixes this. You could also try uninstalling and re-installing the PT software(this will not affect your sessions).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave