Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 10-26-2003, 07:26 PM

Default OSX Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help!!!!!!!!

What the ^#%!!! am I an idiot?
When I am trying to work a session I get the mix, transport, edit and plug windows open
then the resize window button controls slide up underneath the menu bar and I can't do a bleeping
thing. With OS 9 I could at least move the winows around from around the edges. OSX can only move the window from the top. Other apps seem to have a close window in the menu bar... but all I can find is a close session option...and if I save my changes it just opens up to where I still cant do a (*@&^# thing with them. Is there a fit or cascade window option I am missing. I'm just about had it with this Mac [bleep]
I can't afford to keep up...the Digi 001 is obsolete with the G5.
Surely somone has a solution that dosen't say Microsoft on it?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 11:57 PM

Default Re: OSX Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help!!!!!!!!

Apple-W only close the window.
Apple-= switch from edit to mix window. If one of the window is closed, it will open it.

In OS X you are not supposed to be able to put the title bar of the window under the menu bar. Try to change the resolution of your monitor to something bigger or smaller, it will force the app to resize the windows to fit screen.

JC
Old 10-27-2003, 06:35 AM

You have some basic tools available to you in OSX:

1. green "resize" button in every window.

2. You can drag anywhere in the window where it's "metallic" - every application is slightly different - but always the menu bar.

You may benefit from an OSX primer, such as the David Pogue/OSX Missing Manual.

Also, you can consult web sites, such as macosxhints.com
Old 10-27-2003, 11:34 AM

The Menu bar of each window and green resize are being covered up by the finder menu bar
are you saying you can move these controls to the bottom or side of each window. Every part of my windows has a color sceen of gray mettalic yet I can only move them from the top.
I have been having trouble using two monitors the stock AGP and the Radeon 7000. Everytime I start up one monitior and or the other I am ending up with different results. Resolutions keep changing...I write them down in order to duplicate them later when I have had sucess but it always just screws up again. Often I am looking at a small portion of the entire screen real estate.
Who knows ...these are not matching monitor models an NEC 21 and a Panasonic 17 I've tried swapping
each of them to the other card but it all sucks. Thanks for your responses but I'm thinking maybe with Expose Panthe I will at least be able to acces the green resize button on each window...alas there are no gaurantees that that wont just resize them out of viewing range again though.
??????
Old 10-28-2003, 11:24 AM

You have some serious system issues to deal with. First get your monitors working then see if the problem doesn't go away. For some reason the system is seeing a biger display than you have, old drivers? update stuff and get it working. The above posts are correct you can't move a window above the menu in OS X. Until you take the time to get your system running nothing anyone can tell you will be much help.