Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Angry Re: Why PT10 is not 64 bit... let's get this over with ;)

F all the excuses why Avid didn't make pt 64bit I'm gonna go with my first though. Axx ok whatever I will adopt it when it's in PT. Cubase is 64bit hell FL Studio is 64 bit lmao oh man Reaper is 64bit WTF. Be real 32bit floating point haha that's soo old. Must be good to be the standard so you don't have to innovate anymore. They don't want PT 64bit because it will bring down HD sales. 32GB of Ram a couple SSDs who needs HD. Stop giving Avid passes nobody should get this update 299.99-999.99 gtfoh they didn't even reach 9.1 lmao. The companies are trying to bleed us dry. Momma ain't raise no fool. I just baught 9 like 9 months ago this just pissed me off. Daly City is a few minutes from me I'm going to go protest haha.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Why PT10 is not 64 bit... let's get this over with ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrebelion View Post
F all the excuses why Avid didn't make pt 64bit I'm gonna go with my first though. Axx ok whatever I will adopt it when it's in PT. Cubase is 64bit hell FL Studio is 64 bit lmao oh man Reaper is 64bit WTF. Be real 32bit floating point haha that's soo old. Must be good to be the standard so you don't have to innovate anymore. They don't want PT 64bit because it will bring down HD sales. 32GB of Ram a couple SSDs who needs HD. Stop giving Avid passes nobody should get this update 299.99-999.99 gtfoh they didn't even reach 9.1 lmao. The companies are trying to bleed us dry. Momma ain't raise no fool. I just baught 9 like 9 months ago this just pissed me off. Daly City is a few minutes from me I'm going to go protest haha.
HDX cards and AAX are totally ready for 64 bit.

It's nothing to do with whether or not they "want" to go 64 bit. They cannot go 64 bit and still support RTAS and TDM. That's all there is to it.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM

Studio One V2 looks good enough to get the job done I'm switching.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
HDX cards and AAX are totally ready for 64 bit.

It's nothing to do with whether or not they "want" to go 64 bit. They cannot go 64 bit and still support RTAS and TDM. That's all there is to it.
I'm not a coder but yo if everyone else is 64bit bro something is wrong. 64bit is old man they should have been prepair for the transfer. If this Axx is the reason why not just make 10 9.1 until you are ready and then drop 10 that's just like a slap in the face to the users bro. At the end of the day we pay them they don't pay us and I don't pay for excuses. They are late on everything they incorporate old stuff and act like it's new. I like PT but I'm done this has been one long road to dissapointment to many times. You can't even link Digi003s trust me they do these things on purpose to make HD more appealing. They finally did one thing right which was make it so I can use my RME and guess what lmao no zero latency hahaha they are just full of it man.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not a coder but yo if everyone else is 64bit bro something is wrong. 64bit is old man they should have been prepair for the transfer. If this Axx is the reason why not just make 10 9.1 until you are ready and then drop 10 that's just like a slap in the face to the users bro. At the end of the day we pay them they don't pay us and I don't pay for excuses. They are late on everything they incorporate old stuff and act like it's new. I like PT but I'm done this has been one long road to dissapointment to many times. You can't even link Digi003s trust me they do these things on purpose to make HD more appealing. They finally did one thing right which was make it so I can use my RME and guess what lmao no zero latency hahaha they are just full of it man.
I'm not arguing about the prices... cuz I don't really agree with their current pricing structure, either.

But the fact of the matter is the name doesn't make a difference. Call it 9.1 if you want. It's a paid upgrade because it includes a TON of new features (including LLM for 3rd party interfaces!). I may not like the prices either, but this is above and beyond the feature set included in pretty much any paid upgrade I've ever bought.

003s and MBox 2s are gone after PT10. So is RTAS and TDM.

I realize it's taken a long time to get to 64 bit, but it's a transitional process. Those who NEED 64 bit, bought VE Pro, Bidule and Reaper a long time ago. It was a decision to keep Accel and LE customers in the loop for one more version until everything goes AAX and 64 bit.

If you don't want PT10, don't buy it.

D

Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
I'm not arguing about the prices... cuz I don't really agree with their current pricing structure, either.

But the fact of the matter is the name doesn't make a difference. Call it 9.1 if you want. It's a paid upgrade because it includes a TON of new features (including LLM for 3rd party interfaces!). I may not like the prices either, but this is above and beyond the feature set included in pretty much any paid upgrade I've ever bought.

003s and MBox 2s are gone after PT10. So is RTAS and TDM.

I realize it's taken a long time to get to 64 bit, but it's a transitional process. Those who NEED 64 bit, bought VE Pro, Bidule and Reaper a long time ago. It was a decision to keep Accel and LE customers in the loop for one more version until everything goes AAX and 64 bit.

If you don't want PT10, don't buy it.
Certain things should be a standard bro. You shouldn't have to pay Avid for LLM it should just be there that's what I'm talking about why add the feature to use 3rd party interfaces in 9 half *****. That's what I'm talking about. They are the devil yo lmao I understand markups and all of that but this is just out right Avid getting over and they have been for a long time. 64bit is just one thing. You pay for 9 and they support it with a years worth of updates and make you pay 299 for 9.1 this isn't 10 this is 9.1 hahahaha. Grrrrr. I'm so pissed right now I can't even explain myself the way I want to.

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 10-21-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Removed sections in violation of DUC TOS.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Studio One V2 looks good enough to get the job done I'm switching.
But you can't pull out Studio One, Reaper, Reason, Cubase, etc in the Post house. It won't get the job done.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:02 PM

All the bugs in 9 are still there. I'm tired of this thing stopping in the middle of my mix. Why is my HD to slow in Protools but not Ableton or Maschine? They are FOS yo. RANT SEASON I'm SORRY I can't help it. I can have 20 clips timestretched in Ableton with plugins on it no problem and Live is 32bit too wtf is wrong with Pro Tools? Guess 10 will fix it lmao.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Certain things should be a standard bro. You shouldn't have to pay Avid for LLM it should just be there that's what I'm talking about why add the feature to use 3rd party interfaces in 9 half *****. That's what I'm talking about. They are the devil yo lmao I understand markups and all of that but this is just out right Avid getting over and they have been for a long time. 64bit is just one thing. You pay for 9 and they support it with a years worth of updates and make you pay 299 for 9.1 this isn't 10 this is 9.1 hahahaha. Grrrrr. I'm so pissed right now I can't even explain myself the way I want to. If Avid was a person I would punch him dead in the face for tryin to play me.
But this attitude doesn't make sense to me...

No one is trying to play you. You have the choice to not buy 10. This is in no way a forced upgrade. PT9 will probably continue to get updates for almost a year (remember PT8 was supported right up to 10.6.8, and PT7.4 works just fine on 10.5.8).

No one is making you do anything. If you don't want to pay, don't pay. They're not doing anything worse than what any other corporation does on a daily basis. If you run Windows or OSX, you have bought into the same game.

D

Old 10-21-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp View Post
Avid will gouge you now and when they release 64bit. I would rather seen the big move now then twice... and to purchase HDX only with an interface is just crazy.... Avid can't sell any of the HD I/O so now they packaging into a HDX sale...
Funny, HDX+ interface is les expensive than HD3+interface. Check sweetwater.com I'm tired of posting the links IN fact, HDX+interface is less expensive than HD2+interface....

Wave-T.com