How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 02-11-2021, 02:30 AM

Default Re: EuControl for PT10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
One thing to check when using Windows that might help is to turn off Enable External Workstation if enabled on the Workstation tab.
If you refer to my problem - yes external workstation option is disabled. That option is introduced from Eucon 3.4+

Any version of Eucon I tried including 3.2.1, 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 3.5,x and from curiosity even newest versions - all work OK in it's own environment - meaning my artist controllers are recognized and added to "My controllers", I can upgrade/downgrade firmware, my workstation is added and active, Artist Control controls XMON thru XMON Eucon software. No problem here. Problem starts when I enable Eucon in Pro Tools HD10.3.10 - I get "The EUCON personality could not be loaded because required EUCON library is not installed. Please install correct drivers to enable EUCON functionality." Eucon versions 3.2 and below work OK but have some annoying bugs such as - erratic behavior of reseting fader to 0db with Shift on Artist MIX and display lockup when adjusting or editing inserts and auxes on Artist Control (both known bugs resolved in next Eucon versions).

Reading posts on DUC I gave up hope Eucon v3.4+ will ever work with HD10 on PC as it's obviously PT10 support is dropped from that version and up.

My focus now is to find cause for the issue and make Eucon version 3.3.2 to work. Eucon 3.3.2 is from 2015. when PT10 got it's latest official update and it's logical to assume it should be supported by Eucon released that time.

It's pity there is so unclear information on Eucon compatibility with PT10 on PC. There is no word on PT10 drop of support in Eucon version history documents (I read all of it for all versions).

Cheers!

S