Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2024, 05:45 PM

Default Re: PT 2024.3 | Released

I've had some sudden crashes to desktop as well on macOS 12.5.1. Haven't bothered filing a ticket because I'm in the middle of migrating to another DAW for work.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM

Where can I download the previous version? Pro Tools is crashing too much
Old 03-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisstudio View Post
Where can I download the previous version? Pro Tools is crashing too much
Hi Parisstudio,

You may download previous version of Pro Tools through Avid Download Center.

https://my.avid.com/esd/Product/Information/109
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-30-2024, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Marble View Post
Yikes, where did the M-Audio Keyboard protocol go??
Exactly, Was this disclosed by Avid? Do we have a fix or a work around at this point? Please Avid let us know what is going on. Thanks
Old 03-30-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatech View Post
Exactly, Was this disclosed by Avid? Do we have a fix or a work around at this point? Please Avid let us know what is going on. Thanks
Here is the reply by Avid a few page up on this thread:

"Hey everyone that commented on the m-audio driver removal..... here is why this was done and what was discovered during testing. My apologies on behalf of Avid for not communicating this was going to happen prior and not adding to the Release Notes for 2024.3 either. Notice was sent to the product team to not do that in the future .....

During testing for the latest version of Pro Tools, Avid software development teams found that the old M-Audio keyboard driver (originally created to support 2 M-Audio keyboard controllers that have been out of support for over 10 years) was causing unwanted interactions with other control protocols such as EUCON and HUI. It became necessary to remove the driver in Pro Tools 2024.3 to preserve performance, stability, and functionality for EUCON and HUI-based controllers.

In the meantime, we recommend that users of third-party hardware that relied on the deprecated M-Audio driver to follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to setup their device with Pro Tools software.

So with the introduction of MIDI FX support and expanded MIDI signal flow, Pro Tools 2024.3 focuses on MIDI workflow and demonstrates our commitment to ongoing enhancements of the MIDI capabilities in Pro Tools. We are also working closely with the MIDI association to embrace the latest standards and expand functionality in the near future.

Thanks....
Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna"

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 04-03-2024, 02:32 AM

Wait, M-Audio was owned by Avid and proposed as an option for use in Pro Tools. The Driver were signed and approved by them. Also this issue just showed up. It was not deprecated in the previous versions so a recent update done in development broke the driver. How is that third party? My instructions says to use Direct Link not sure what my options are. I have an Axiom 2nd generation. Is there a way to use midi mapping to restore control?. Wow... Thanks Avid for breaking a controller that used to be owned by you. Anyone gotten one of these to work?
Old 04-04-2024, 02:39 PM

Pro Tools doesn't allow me to uninstall because its greyed out. I tried installing the previous see if it'll ask to uninstall the new version but it kept crashing.
Old 04-04-2024, 03:08 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisstudio View Post
Pro Tools doesn't allow me to uninstall because its greyed out. I tried installing the previous see if it'll ask to uninstall the new version but it kept crashing.
Hi Parisstudio,

Can you check these articles if they can help with the uninstallation?

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ow_to/en351607

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...uninstall-PT11
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 04-05-2024, 08:28 AM

My Mac was auto-updated by IT to Ventura which still had problems with the virtual audio interfaces. Now I´m trying Sonoma.
First update was bad, then with the next update to latest Sonoma everything went much better.
But still sudden audio mutes or cracked audio on virtual audio interfaces, as well as audio stutters in the DAW after exporting bounces
Old 04-05-2024, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftWW View Post
My Mac was auto-updated by IT to Ventura which still had problems with the virtual audio interfaces. Now I´m trying Sonoma.
First update was bad, then with the next update to latest Sonoma everything went much better.
But still sudden audio mutes or cracked audio on virtual audio interfaces, as well as audio stutters in the DAW after exporting bounces
This sounds like you are having artifacts from previous problems persist through upgrading your OS. I would suggest a "fresh" install. That means making sure your have a full back up of all data, formatting the SSD, installing a fresh version of the MacOS (not an update from a previous version), installing the latest versions Protools, ensuring you only install plugins that are the latest versions and certified to work with your version of the OS and is native to Apple Silicon processors. Do NOT use any data migration utilities. Do not simply copy plugins, but install from newly downloaded installers. Hope that helps your situation.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1