Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 11:34 PM

Default M-powered controlled by Motif Es and other ?\'s

Hey all, I got the Fire wire 410 and M-power software, and it works great.
After returning my mbox I notice a huge differnce in latency and cpu usage.
I am able to use smaller and medium buffer sizes for next to no latency, and use higher buffer sizes for more plugs and tracks.
It runs nicley.
My only complaint at the moment is that I notice the sound pops and crackles on lower buffer sizes, which I am forced to use a higher buffer size, on higher buffer settings there is no crackles or pops.
The crackles and pops were non existant on my Mbox even when I was on a low buffer size, The Mbox would just come up with a error message saying to use a higher buffer setting.
I disabled my internet card, and use the highest performance setting in my energy saver, I also disabled having my computer sounds come through the Fire wire 410, but the crackles and pops still come up when I have a small buffer size, and only using 2 tracks and monitering a input signal.

I am using a Apple Powerbook 15inch 1.5 and 512 ram with internal 80 gig hardrive. I did a small session of 8 tracks and around 20 waves plugins to test the new Fire wire 410. Thats including mostly renasanise compressors and eq's, and a L2, LinMb, and a Q10 on the master bus (all were Cpu hog plugins.). I was still able to play all the tracks smoothly using the highest buffer setting. My Mbox was not able to play this session. So there is a huge improvement performance wise allready.

My next question is, I am purchasing a Motif ES6 tomorrrow, and wanted to know how I can hook it up to my Pro-tools M-power software through my Mac Powerbook Firewire 410 card that I can be able to control Pro-tools M-power using the Mackie control protocol on the Motif Es 6 and how to hook it up to use for programming midi notes back and forth. I know the Motif ES can control Pro-tools Le, can it also control Pro-tools M-powered?

Mikey Ace
Old 04-24-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: M-powered controlled by Motif Es and other ?\'s

Hey I just got the Motif ES 6.
Digi, can I control Pro-tools M-power by the Motif Es6?
If so how?

Thanks
Mikey Ace