Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Anyone get the demo to work with the 1814?

If so, how?
Old 04-10-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Anyone get the demo to work with the 1814?

Are you using the 1814 driver from our website? You should have downloaded it from the same place as you downloaded the PT demo software.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:30 PM

I did, and it doesnt see the interface. I've tried many times. I even reinstalled the original driver to make sure, and that worked. The new one does not for some reason. Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2005, 04:15 PM

In your other post, you say:

>> I installed the new driver, and it appears to be working, but PT's wont
>> open at all. It doesnt see the interface, yet Garage Band and other apps do.

Can you clarify...are you saying that the new driver works with other apps, but not with PT? Or are you saying that the new driver doesn't work with any apps. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:04 PM

Not really sure what the deal is. I think it was seeing the old driver. I didnt realize that I had installed that after I installed the new one which did not work. I saw both control panels after I posted that and realized that I made a goof. As soon as I wiped bopth and did a fresh install of the new one, it wouldnt respond. I tried about 6 or 7 times to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver and to no avail.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:11 PM

Looks like I may be in business. Had to install the old software, put the old MIDI driver aside, and install the new driver and replace the MIDI driver. PT's boots now. Figured I'd mention it if anyone else was having issues.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:36 AM

Great, glad to hear you're up and running...
Old 04-11-2005, 06:54 PM

Wow, this thing is working great. Latency is not really noticeable at all in the session I have done to get the feel of it.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:29 AM

OK, now things are not so good. I turned my computer off for a day, and when I booted up, the interface could not be found. I tried everything I could to get the computer to see it but to no avail. I dont want to keep having to trick the computer by loading the old driver, hiding the MIDI driver, installing the new driver and replacing the MIDI driver only to find that it doesnt work if I power down for a while. I went as far as to install the OS on a seperate drive(so I had no other installs that I did that can conflict with it) and install the new driver alone, and sure enough, it did not work. The old one still works without a hitch though. Whats the deal? It seems quite apparent to me that its the downloaded software, and nothing on my end as everything was fresh and clean on the drive I was installing the driver on now. This is gettting quite depressing. I emailed M Audio for help. Hopefully they can think of some way to get this to work well.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 AM

Spent 2 hours on the line with M-Audio tech support last night, and we are still not working. They think it might be a firmware problem, and that I should hook it up to a PC to get it updatedm, and then plug it back into my Mac. Its worth a shot, but so far its been nothing but depressing. I'll keep you guys posted just in case anyone is running into similar issues.