Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2019, 12:40 PM

Default Anyway to get access to the native pro tools when being HDX ultimate user. Need HELP

Hey guys!

Ran into some problems today.
I’m gonna continue/finish a mix that was initially done on a non hd system with pro tools 2019.6.
Mixing guy wasn’t aware of the lack of side chain delay compensation and has used some stuff like that and pretty advanced routing but the mix sounds good on his system.
When opening the same session on my setup (HDX ultimate 2019.6) it’s sounds pretty horrible and thin. Room mics getting cancelled out and missing the oumphf from below. It’s like my system delays everything right and unforunately completely changes the mix.
Is there any way to get access to the native version so I can finish the mix the way it should sound? I’m on Mac latest before warning of updating. (Plugins are the same, tried online/offline record it etc etc.
Thanks for any help!

Last edited by HenrikUdd; 09-18-2019 at 05:21 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Anyway to get access to the native pro tools when being HDX ultimate user. Need

AFAIK you need to lose the HDX card. Have you tried just using Built in Output as the playback engine? Hopefully you have monitors already setup or that can be switched to handle that.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Anyway to get access to the native pro tools when being HDX ultimate user. Need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
AFAIK you need to lose the HDX card. Have you tried just using Built in Output as the playback engine? Hopefully you have monitors already setup or that can be switched to handle that.
Hey man!
I tried that earlier today and the first test bounce I did after switching to built in output nulled out (except some extremely low noise that got audible when clippgaining the nulled file +36dB, probably from softtube tape or something he’d used on the kick and toms) but after that first bounce I wasn’t able to reproduce it. Didn’t change a single thing in the session. Every other bounce I tried plays like 1.4db rms lower and is very noticeable different.
Loosing my mind a bit over this
Old 09-17-2019, 02:28 PM

Is it known exactly how many samples you need to compensate for on any given bus? If so, you could insert Time Adjuster on masters of each relevant bus.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 09-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Sidechain delay compensation can be turned on/off in the preferences on HDX.

There can still be a compensation difference though when using native plugins on auxes.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Is it known exactly how many samples you need to compensate for on any given bus? If so, you could insert Time Adjuster on masters of each relevant bus.

“Sidechain delay compensation can be turned on/off in the preferences on HDX.

There can still be a compensation difference though when using native plugins on auxes.”

Great! I will try this today. All plugins in the session is native except UAD ones.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:23 AM

Can't get it to match no matter what I do so I'll sort out a stereo drum export from the other guy, but it's really annoying that it's a difference between the HDX and native

Thanks for the replies