Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM

Cool pro tools punch-in reason wiping notes on pre-roll

Hi all
I was recording piano straight into pro tools le as audio and also as midi in reason via re wire, when I had to punch the player-in say half way though the song reason would wipe out the notes on the pre roll.
Can someone help??????????
Cheers
Old 04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Avid

Default Re: pro tools punch-in reason wiping notes on pre-roll

So the notes are being recorded into the Reason sequencer or are they being recorded into a MIDI/Instrument track in Pro Tools and triggering Reason?

I think you need to describe the setup in a bit more detail for someone to be able to help you. Right now it's not clear exactly what you're doing.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Well I am recording a live audio into pro tools (piano) and I am also at the same time recording into reason (midi) from pro tools via rewire, I am doing this so if down the track we want to change the sound of the piano we can.
Now the problem is when we start recording (everthing is recording fine in both pt and reason) and say the player hits a bum note we have to stop and do a punch-in at that part, now so the player has a bit of time we need to have a pre roll 2,4 6 count what ever it may be, when I hit record and we get the pre-roll in reason it deletes the notes in that pre-roll.
I hope this explains things better.
pt 7.4 - reason 3.0
digi 002, focusrite 428 and card.
Cheers
protoolsle123
Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Avid

If you're recording to the Reason sequencer, rather than to a track in Pro Tools, there's no way for Reason to know that you're using pre-roll in Pro Tools, nor is there a way to set one in Reason that I'm aware of.

You should be recording your MIDI data in Pro Tools and routing it to Reason, rather than recording it in the Reason sequencer, thus avoiding this problem.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:33 PM

Thanks for the reply, the problem I am having in pro tools is that even though all the info for midi is there in pro tools like sustain and all other controllers, pro tools will not record the sustain pedal, in records the sustain in reason no probs and on the keyboard when not hooked up. So there lie the problem???
Cheers
Old 05-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoolsle123 View Post
Thanks for the reply, the problem I am having in pro tools is that even though all the info for midi is there in pro tools like sustain and all other controllers, pro tools will not record the sustain pedal, in records the sustain in reason no probs and on the keyboard when not hooked up. So there lie the problem???
Cheers
Do you possibly have any MIDI filters enabled in Pro Tools?