Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-04-2021, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Unintentional Crossgrade from Perpetual License

Just got a reply back from the support rep who basically said I was screwed, of course using nicer language. "we cannot recover surrendered perpetual licenses"
I guess I'm just too poor to be in the Apple ecosystem for much longer. Sorry did I say Apple? I meant Tesla. Sorry. Avid. AVID.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laslo View Post
Just got a reply back from the support rep who basically said I was screwed, of course using nicer language. "we cannot recover surrendered perpetual licenses"
I guess I'm just too poor to be in the Apple ecosystem for much longer. Sorry did I say Apple? I meant Tesla. Sorry. Avid. AVID.

I feel for you brotha. It boggles the mind and I would’ve loved to of been a fly on the wall when they sat around and came up with this cross grade scam, I mean scheme.

I know how you feel. I’ve set up a second system that I’m running Luna on. I’m still doing a lot in ProTools but whenever I can I do it in LUNA to ween myself off of PT because it’s some point once it’s full featured enough I’m making the jump.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laslo View Post
...I too have unintentionally crossgraded from my 2 perpetual licences...
I'll follow up via support case to try and assist. Please check email in a bit...
Old 01-06-2021, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I'll follow up via support case to try and assist. Please check email in a bit...
Well I can just say that admins are actually reading the Forums, guys.
Thanks Jeffro for sorting this mess out for me.

I really hope that in the future, information on these kinds of transitions are way easier to find and digest.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillHollow View Post
I feel for you brotha. It boggles the mind and I would’ve loved to of been a fly on the wall when they sat around and came up with this cross grade scam, I mean scheme.

I know how you feel. I’ve set up a second system that I’m running Luna on. I’m still doing a lot in ProTools but whenever I can I do it in LUNA to ween myself off of PT because it’s some point once it’s full featured enough I’m making the jump.
I have a number of old Pro Tools 8 licenses at my disposal, would it have come to the point where I could no longer use Pro Tools 12, or 2020 or what ever it's called these days.
It does seem that everybody is hustling to move over to subscription based "ownership", I mean you even got it in before mentioned cars.
My prediction, at least for computer programs is that piracy could again rise, I hope I'm wrong and pricing will become more humane in the future. (Or, the off chance that I finally make that hit record and don't have to worry about money woes. )
Old 04-20-2021, 05:14 AM

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

I have 2 perpetual licenses - one of which I have just crossgraded. I have gone onto my account, and now it is only letting me download the new software if I upgrade the license of the perpetual license that I want to keep, not the one I have wanted to crossgrade.

Can't get through to AVID - please help!
Old 04-22-2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckirby View Post
Any help would be seriously appreciated!

I have 2 perpetual licenses - one of which I have just crossgraded. I have gone onto my account, and now it is only letting me download the new software if I upgrade the license of the perpetual license that I want to keep, not the one I have wanted to crossgrade.

Can't get through to AVID - please help!
Welcome to the community.

Looking into this and will reply via support case (email).