Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2020, 01:23 PM

Default What happens if you revoke avid ilok access?

So, I have my pro tools perpetual license back. What happens if I revoke avid's ilok access? Will I still be able to run pro tools? Will Avid still be able to send me a suport renewal should I choose to renew my support subscription? They have taken away my perpetual license 2 times in the past mont and I want to revoke their access so they do not have the ability to do this again. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:01 PM

Default Re: What happens if you revoke avid ilok access?

One would assume PT will still work but you would have to grant access again to renew your support plan. If you click Show Details on your PT license in the license manager, you can see the "Release Limit" past which newer versions of PT will not open with your license. Avid would need access to your iLok account to refresh your license.

Where do you revoke Avid's (or anyone else's) iLok access? Haven't seen this functionality before...
Old 12-04-2020, 05:44 AM

Default Re: What happens if you revoke avid ilok access?

That’s my thought as well. You can access it on the ilok website in your account. Gonna give it a shot today. Will report back.