Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 PM

Default Command 8, Win 7 x64 and PT 10 Troubleshoot

Hi,

I''m pretty new to PT and brand new to a used Command 8.

I'm hoping for some basic 'trouble shooting' tips to determine if my problem is due to configuration or an issue with the Command 8 itself.

1. I previously successfully had other controllers setup using the HUI mode and selecting the appropriate midi routing.

2. I have the Command 8 midi installed and apparently working properly: Device manager shows the Command 8 device in "Sound, video and game controllers."

3. I went to setup/ peripherals, control surface tab, removed the other controllers, selected Command 8 and then selected MIDIIN2 (Command/8 Midi Port1) for Receive From and Command/8 [Emulated] for Send To.

4. When the selection was made the Command/8 immediately reset to the proper settings, i.e., mirrored the mixer faders, pans, mutes, etc.

5. However, almost immediately the 'unable to communicate' message flashed on the screen and the Command/8 appeared 'locked,' i.e., no parameters could be changed.

6. I then tried routing it 'stand alone' in another DAW, to see if it put out any midi activity when I moved the faders or encoders. The DAW did not register any midi activity ... but I don't know if that is normal when it is only hooked up USB and not sending from the 5-pins.

Any suggestions as to how to sort this out would be ... it goes without saying, but I'm saying it anyway ... immensely appreciated.