Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2003, 08:17 AM

Default problems with atto on Dual gig mdd

I know that this isn't the exact place to post this but I had nowhere else to turn.

I'm having a problem with my dual atto scsi card, {scsi 64 kit} 10,0000 cheetah drive and Dig performer 3.11. Also using the new Dual Gig MDD. The card keeps crashing my DP 3. I have all the right updates from Atto, {frimware,settings} but to no avail.

So I moved the session, which already has about 40 plus tracks on it, to my internal ata drive which I was using for storage and it worked flawlessly. NOT A CRASH IN 4 DAYS!

Is it worth the hassle to try to get this card working right if that's possible, or should I just stick with the ata internal drive? Can it handle 40 to 60 plus tracks with edits and whatever? It's a shame if I loose this scsi setup. Between the drive and the card it was about $900.00

Also if it turns out that I dump the scsi thing, would everthing work just as well on an external firewire drive. I'd like to keep the sessions on external drives if possible. If firewire is good does anyone have any suggestions for drives? Glyph firewire{exspensive} or will any firewire drive with the oxford 911 chip do?

Thanks for any help.
jeff