Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-25-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Whats with this iLok thing?

Is it supposed to read the information in my computer and load in the iLok? Then I always have to have the iLok plugged in to access PTools? What is the purpose of this? This thing is busting my chops. Although I don't have internet connection on that computer yet (need CAT5 cable). Should I be on line for the installation of PTools? It has been asking for a confirmation key for a Broadband plugin and I don't have a card with the code! Does the iLok go to the site and pull it?
I know these questions seem really stupid, but I've been trying to install this program for several hours and am getting punchy....
Old 03-25-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Whats with this iLok thing?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...s/hotnews/ilok

http://www.digidesign.com/support/ilok/

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 AM

Thanks! I'll give it a go. I just don't remember an iLok credit card witht the packaging...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:49 AM

iLoks are pretty simple, there's not much to know. If you're still needing help, then you should be more specific about what plug-ins you're talking about, your posts are pretty vague so it's hard to know where you're coming from. You mention a 'broadband' plug-in... is this something you purchased recently? If not, it's possible that maybe you installed some plug-in demos along with your PT software, in which case you don't really have a license for them and having the iLok won't help unless you want to purchase those plug-ins. Again, it's hard to know b/c your posts don't really explain what's going on.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
iLoks are pretty simple, there's not much to know. If you're still needing help, then you should be more specific about what plug-ins you're talking about, your posts are pretty vague so it's hard to know where you're coming from. You mention a 'broadband' plug-in... is this something you purchased recently? If not, it's possible that maybe you installed some plug-in demos along with your PT software, in which case you don't really have a license for them and having the iLok won't help unless you want to purchase those plug-ins. Again, it's hard to know b/c your posts don't really explain what's going on.

When I start Pro Tools a dialog box opens up with something called Broadband Noise Reduction LE. It asks me to provide an authorization code. I don't have any idea of what Broadband Noise Reduction LE is. Is it bundled in Protools already in 6.9.2?
Old 03-26-2006, 06:54 PM

You must've installed some demos then, because that is part of DINR LE which is not a free plug-in.

Go to your plug-ins folder and pull out the plug-in called DINR LE, that should take care of the pop-up window.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:25 AM

Quote:
You must've installed some demos then, because that is part of DINR LE which is not a free plug-in.

Go to your plug-ins folder and pull out the plug-in called DINR LE, that should take care of the pop-up window.
Slim,
Thanks for the help! I'll give it a go ASAP..
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 AM

DINR LE is included with DVToolkit 1 and 2.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 AM

Hey swansong...

I am brand new to protools. I just got my digi 002 system last week. One thing I figured out, that is probably obvious to experienced users but confused the hell outta me, is that when you do the initial install of protools... there is a dialog box that opens and asks you what to install. There is a default choice... and there are other options you can check to install (Like MP3 option). One of those in there is athat Broadband plugin thing that pops up. I don't think it's listed as that name exactly.

So what I had to do is, at the advice of tech help (and this was still a fresh install), I uninstalled protools, erased all the plugins off the hard drive to make sure they were gone and reinstalled protools using ONLY the default selection. When you pick the other options, some (if not, all) of the other options are demos.. and you will be asked for a license everytime you start protools.

I think there is some documentation on Sweetwater.com that explain how to remove the demo plugin's w/ out doing a reinstall.

You might want to try that I suppose... but that is what I did.

Hope that kinda helps

-Brian