Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2016, 04:16 PM

Default PT hangs on transport stop when editing a track with many playlists in playlist view

Hi - i have a session i've frozen almost completely except the lead vocal I'm working on. When i have that Lead track's playlists displayed for comping, the session lags a lot as soon as transport is stopped. almost like it's thinking (w/ Rainbow wheel) but there's nothing to think about. no Clip FX, no EA enabled on anything. CPU usage is extremely low, all files are on an SSD. PB buffer is 64, and its a fairly new quad core i7 macbook pro. There are 100 or so playlists of mostly whole takes. Only odd thing about this session/track is that the playlist number goes very high up to this point (lots of re-dos and edit from multiple people). The latest playlist is up to #82148 and some playlists have negative numbers (like -1023 for ex.). i don't know if this has anything to do with it but also don't know how to reset the playlist numbers.

Anyone else experience this? Worked on the same song/computer in PT10HD with no issue, and this is a "save copy" of that session for PT12HD. Switching back to waveform view stops the issue and freezing everything else did not help.

thanks!

Last edited by bolooki; 10-24-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 PM

Default Re: PT12.6 HD edit lag in playlist view when transport stops

update -

just reproduced this bug in a blank session in 12.6 HD, non-HDX:

- if you create a new track and create 100+ blank playlists, PT hangs for 3-4 seconds with a spinning ball when you stop the transport even with no Audio in the session. Hiding playlists or inactivating the track while still in Playlist view does not help, but deleting all the playlists or switching back out of playlist view eliminates the issue. The less playlists, the less time it hangs.

i frequently edit vocal tracks with 100-200 playlists but this is the first I'm noticing it since upgrading to 12.6 from 10.

anyone else seen this issue or have a solution?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:48 PM

Default Re: PT hangs on transport stop when editing a track with many playlists in playlist v

edit edit -

trashing everything w the pref delete app seemed to do the trick if this happens to anyone else. :)
Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM

Default Re: PT hangs on transport stop when editing a track with many playlists in playlist v

Same issue on this end as well.

I first came across this problem when using an HDX system on a 2012 12 Core Mac Pro. Yesterday, the same problem happened during a session. We switched out the computers, opened the session, went into the playlist - same result.

Will try to trash preferences and see if that helps. Thx bolooki
Old 01-17-2017, 01:15 PM

I am still having the same issues. I too am coming from Pro Tools 10HD to 12.

Is this a playlist bug? I've been trying to find more complaints about this on the Avid forum and I'm not seeing much. Do people not use playlist in Pro Tools?