Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 06-06-2016, 06:29 AM

Default WHY can't you do fader flip on MC?

I was trying to find the channel button on my MC Control to do the fader flip function like you can on the Mix. I couldn't find it. So, I checked the manual search engine. "No Results." So, I checked the Artist Mix Manual. "No Results." Now I knew something was wrong there, because I was looking at the Channel Button on the diagram of the fader page! But the Search window still claimed"No Results!"

As I couldn't find the MC Equivalent, I was hoping to learn the Eucon command, so I could just program it to a soft key or something. No luck. So I did a search here and saw a post that said YOU CAN NOT DO FADER FLIP ON THE MC. WTH?!!?

Why is this feature omitted from the MC? What's the logic there? I don't get that at all! Has anyone figured out a work-around for this?
Old 06-07-2016, 02:12 AM

Default Re: WHY can't you do fader flip on MC?

It might be a marketing decision but then how would you flip 8 rotaries to 4 faders? Faders that do not have a display above them like the Mix has.
Would be difficult to implement in a logical and convenient way. Not impossible but maybe they decided not to go down that route to keep operation simple. Who knows.

Probably both reasons lead to the decision...
Old 06-07-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
It might be a marketing decision but then how would you flip 8 rotaries to 4 faders? Faders that do not have a display above them like the Mix has.
The same way they do every other dual function, the shift button. Put first 4 on the top layer and the second four on the bottom layer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Would be difficult to implement in a logical and convenient way. Not impossible but maybe they decided not to go down that route to keep operation simple. Who knows.

Probably both reasons lead to the decision...
I doubt very seriously that it would be THAT difficult. I have no problem with the probability that it was a marketing strategy. This way the customer HAS to by the Mix unit if he/she really wants that feature.

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 06-07-2016 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:08 AM

I've had that question as well actually. It would be super nice to have though.. . What would be super cool is seeing how we since we can select each Chanel on the MC a cool feature would be to be able to flip the 4 and by selecting anyone of the 8 rotary knobs it would assign those parameters to the fairers ...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com