Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Bugs on 5.3.1

Are you guys talking about a white shadow in the backround when dragging your transport? kinds like it is a big roller and painting everything white as you drag it? if so, that is something you can turn on and off in windows, and not related to protools.

If that is what you are talking about.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:36 PM

Actually that screen redraw problem is related to protools and not windows. Digidesign has already stated that this a known bug.

www.dreamware.ca
Have something to brag about...Own a Dreamware Audio PC...

My Rig:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
512MB PC2700C2 Corsair
MSI KT3ULTRA ARU
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 4 in RAID 0
GeForce 2 Ti 64MB
Lite-On 40x12x40 CD-RW
16x Pioneer DVD
Intel Pro/100 +
SB Audigy
Digi 001
Old 08-23-2002, 03:08 PM

There are two possible issues here.

1 the screen not redrawing itself while moving the transport can be changed in the control panel.

2 when you are moving a window while playing back, all the green audio meters freeze and that is the known bug.

I would recomend getting rid of any effects that your display control panel is using, including shadows and fade in's on the pull down menus.

The waves plugins take so long to show up in the plugin menu that any optimization there will be helpful.

As for the mouse issues I was using a Kensington "Expert Mouse" trackball but I was getting too many bugs with it so I was forced to go back to a plain ol' optical mouse. I do miss the trackball, and my pointer finger hurts from having to stretch over to that left mouse button. Hopefully they'll have better support for these types of peripherals at a later time. Maybe even going as far as adding a keyboard and mouse port on the 001.
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 08-23-2002, 04:30 PM

So...Can anyone confirm that they too are getting the bug of trying to copy a region while in shuffle mode by holding down the alt key and dragging? This one bugs me!!

Jason
Old 08-24-2002, 12:40 AM

Default Bugs on 5.3.1

I am normally on a Mac but I finally got around to firing up my second workstation which is a PC with a Digi001 running 5.3.1 on Windows XP Pro. Anyway, I noticed two things while I was working. I don’t know if anyone else has experience them and unfortunately I don’t have the time to search the DUC to see if anyone has. The first occurred in the mix window. I was trying to select tracks and drag them into a new position and they didn’t really want to move. Its like the mouse just wouldn’t move and as soon as I released the mouse button everything was fine and I could move my mouse again. The second thing I saw was when trying to copy a region while in shuffle mode, I was not able to get it to work. If I switch back to slip I can copy just fine but as long as I was in shuffle it would not let me copy anything. Sorry if you all knew about this already.

Jason
Old 08-24-2002, 12:44 AM

YES,i have the mouse being slow to the point it almost like freezing evrey now and then.another thing is happening in 5.3.1, when you drag the transport or any other thing you'll see a shadow in the background untill you release the dragging.does that happen with you?
Old 08-24-2002, 12:57 AM

Yes, as far as the screen redrawing when you move the transport bar or the counter window, I am getting that also. If I recall, this is something that happened in all the older versions as well. Have you tried the bug with holding the "alt" key to copy a region while in shuffle mode? For me, that is something that is a big pain cause I use that so much.

Jason
Old 08-24-2002, 11:13 AM

So you have a track with an audio file and you want to copy it in shuffle mode. Where are you trying to copy it to?

the rules of shuffle mode is that the file to be copied has to fall back to the previous region. Try this: make a region about 10 seconds into a session, switch to shuffle and try to alt drag the region into a new track. Then try to do the same thing but drag it to the beginning of the new track. You should only see the "square" in places whee you can copy the region. I think this should outline the limitations shuffle mode a little more.
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com