Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 PM

Default Smack v8 download shows as 7.4

I've recently upgraded to 9 and I had the MPTK ( original one ) when I ran 7.4 . Since these are still on my ilok I went to compatibility grid and it said that v8 is the current , I downloaded v8 for Smack , Soundreplacer , DINR and it shows up on my cpu as v7.4 . I was on windows 7 when this happened but it happens to me on mac as well . I actually have a thread from a couple of years ago about this issue and I never resolved it. Any help would be awesome ! Pt 9 ran great....the best . Now it's choppy and crapping out .
Old 12-04-2010, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Smack v8 download shows as 7.4

Check your avid account; there should be a new download under your toolkit for "Plug-in installer for Pro Tools 9 users".

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-04-2010, 01:56 PM

It's not there . Ever since Avid killed digidesign tag for good / revamped their site , I have not had anything that says anything about my toolkit anymore. That is when I start searching the web site to find all of the up to date installers . All they have foe DINR , SMACK , SOUNDREPLACER , JOE MEEK ,COSMONAUT and MOOGERFOOGER is v8 but it says for 7.4 - 8 . Nothing for pt 9 but compatibility grid says v8 for plugs . I individually downloaded / installed but every freakin time it's 7.4 version of plugs ! Why , Why ,Why!!!! What really sucks is that I know people with sketch cracks of these plugs that work great but here I am with the LEGIT PLUGS AND THEY DO NOT WORK ! Like I said above , 9 is f@%king awesome ! Runs purrrrrrfect of me until I install these v8 plugs ( which I paid for ) and Avids damn download give me 7.4 which is obviously incompatible b/c then PT runs as choppy as a stormy sea !
Old 12-04-2010, 04:35 PM

You WANT the v8 versions. There are no v9 versions of any of the plugs you mentioned..
The new v9 plug-in installer for MPTK 2 owners mentioned above is merely a one stop shopping installer for all the plugs from the MPTK 2 at once, including Structure LE and it's content, thus making it a 3 GB download.
It's useless unless you need Structure LE.

I'm running all the plugs you mentioned (aside from DINR) in PT 9 with no issues whatsoever.
All those plugs are easily accessible at Avid as individual installers.

http://www.avid.com/US/categories/Audio-Plug-ins
Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 PM

But I don't have the MPTK 2 . I had the first one . I understand that most if not all of the features or the og MPTK are obsolete now but I still need to install plugs mentioned above . When I download and install the v8 plug ins , they show up on my mac and my pc as version 7.4 . So my problem is that the v8 installers on avid website are installing 7.4 versions on my snow leopard and my windows 7 cpus. Thanks for your replies . Still have not found a solution .
Old 12-05-2010, 09:48 PM

@egwells

Does it say version 8 when you view on your cpu ? Do you have a link with a better installer ? If I go to Avid , search MPTK and download individual installers that say v8 , then I'll be in the same spot . Those are the ones ( the latest ) that are showing as v7.4 on my cpus ! Could it be that my ilok is keeping these plugs set at 7.4 ? If so how would I fix that ? Contact digi ?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM

I used my 1 phone call to Avid ( from purchasing pt 9 ) today to figure this out . I was happy that tech support had the same results as I'm having above . The only problem is that after waiting for 1 hour and 15 minutes + another 30 for him to install / check it out , he said he needed my phone number and email and he'd call me back in 30 minutes . Guess what .....NO CALL BACK AND NO EMAIL ! Left high and dry ! Bummer ! Still no resolution and now wondering if my 1 call has been wasted on someone who's not going to get back in touch ! Again , what I need is the current installers for Smack , Soundreplacer , DINR , Joe Meek , Moogerfooger Analog Delay . When I go to the individual installers and download thw current ( v8 ) the only one that show as v8 on my cpus is TL Space ! All other plugs mentioned above show up as v7.4 ( on windows 7 and Snow leopard for pt 9 ) and it screws with my performance big time b/c they are not compatible . Or is my ilok not allowing me to go up to v8 ? If so this would be weird because this was not the case when it comes to TL SPACE . Avid is doing a great job re vamping but it sucks what happened to me today . I'm stunned ! I was very polite to tech support , very patient and very specific when it comes to my issue . He even came up with the same results ! A courtesy email would have been nice if this was something that they could not resolve by the end of the work day , huh ?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulablank View Post
@egwells

Does it say version 8 when you view on your cpu ? Do you have a link with a better installer ? If I go to Avid , search MPTK and download individual installers that say v8 , then I'll be in the same spot . Those are the ones ( the latest ) that are showing as v7.4 on my cpus ! Could it be that my ilok is keeping these plugs set at 7.4 ? If so how would I fix that ? Contact digi ?
Hit the main Avid site and download the indvidual installers. Don't worry about the MPTK installer.

AVID>Products> Audio Plugins>Audio Plugs for Pro Tools LE and MPowered>Your Plugin

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 PM

Default Tech support

Sorry for this new thread but I want Avid to see it b/c Tech Support kind of screwed me today ( at least for what I had scheduled this evening ) .
@Tech Support , see my last post on this thread....Smack v8 installs as 7.4
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=288989

I don't mind all of the time on hold ( 1hr 15min ) , but to not call me back after a half hour like you said . Left me high and dry . A courtesy email would have been nice.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks for your reply sunburst , but it's not about the MPTK installer . I am installing the individual installers . I understand the MPTK is pretty much obsolete now . I only bring MPTK up b/c I want to express how old mine is . People with the MPTK2 don't seem to be having this issue when installing Smack , DINR , Soundreplacer , Joe Meek , Cosmonaut . ONE LAST TIME , when I install v8 Smack ect . on Windows 7 ...after I go to start / computer / uninstall programs / then view smack and it says v7.4 . With snow leopard same thing ! Then my performance turns to @$#%