Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 03-12-2012, 10:23 AM

Default Newbie :3

Hello!

I was in a music store the other day and saw the 'Avid Recording Studio' its an audio interface with Pro Tools SE included.
I play guitar and would like to record some of my stuff onto computer and add some drums and things to it.

My laptop specifications are;
AMD E-350 1.65 Ghz Dual Core APU
2GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
320GB 7200RPM HDD

I told the guy in the shop about my laptop which I only bought 3 months ago and he said this is the ''Basic version for beginners and can easily run on it.''
So I tried looking around the internet for a demo version and couldn't find one so came here to ask advice.
Could my laptop run it?
Thank you.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Newbie :3

It's been quite a while now and nobody's replied - that makes me sad face Anyhoo, I've been looking around the forum and noticed some threads on guys running Pro Tools LE/MP on Intel Atom 1.6Ghz single cores which gives me hope that mine laptop could run Pro Tools SE with half a dozen tracks max. Though I am quite surprised that there are no threads on ultra portable dual core laptops running this software.

I'm really tempted to buy the bundle while its on sale but I would hate to waste money buying the hardware and software and then being unable to return it because its been activated. My laptop is about 3 months old now and cost a lot of money too so there's no way I can upgrade it without trading it and making a substantial loss on what I paid.

If I can record my guitar (one solo/one rhythm) using the guitar amp effect that comes with it and a drum track too then I would be very happy.

Does anyone believe this would be possible or should I go with a different DAW?
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 PM

Woops!
Also just realised that I've put in the wrong processor spec;
It's actually the AMD E-450 1.65Ghz

Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 PM

Hello,

I am new too on SE. I bought the M-Audio Mobile Pre Interface that is bundled with Pro Tools SE. I am running it on Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I play guitar and sing. So I decided to get this. Check the box for the specifications or requirements to run Pro Tools SE and your operating system on your laptop. You can also go to www.m-audio.com and look at products for the recording pkg you want and what its specs are.

Hope this Helps,
Dcader10
Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 AM

Lightbulb Re: Newbie :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm982 View Post
So I tried looking around the internet for a demo version and couldn't find one.
If there was a demo for Pro Tools SE, I don't think you would be able to do anything with it, LOL.
Cause it's already so limited it's almost useless.

As for your laptop Q, check this link about minimum requirements for SE:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...25fd69470b3dc1
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM

Thank yooo! for your posts they have been very helpful.

I always had a feeling my laptop was too slow (it takes 40 secs to open Windows media centre lol) So I traded it in and got a good price too. I bought a friends desktop which he used for gaming it has a Celeron G530 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM and a 250GB HDD which should be a lot better for running this software.

Dcader10 - I looked up the Mobile Pre interface you got online and I found a lot of stores in the UK are selling it for £130 AND it comes with Pro Tools MP9 which is amazing for the price so I'm ordering that soon so cheers cause I found a great deal :)