Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2008, 08:59 AM

Default Please help me to get a basic drum loop to work.

Hello,
I'm trying to record a simple drum loop then duplicate it.
When I record the drums I play exactly (hopefully) on the click and grid (I'm set to grid mode)
Well, If the notes record on the grid (like they should be if you're on time) then I have trouble getting the first note of the loop to copy. Either it gets omitted (if I'm slightly ahead and select on the grid) or truncated/cut in half. How do you select the loop and get the first note to copy correctly. If I select a notch ahead on the grid, I risk overwriting the tail end of the loop. Certainly you don't have to play slightly behind the click to get it to work!

Also, Question 2 but related, Is there a way to copy and paste midi notes as "additive"? Meaning, if I copy and paste a snare hit, it won't overwrite the hi hat in the same area.

Thanks. Sorry for being so clueless. I hope these questions have simple answers...they seem like extremely basic 101 issues.