Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-09-2003, 08:16 AM

Default Sampletank and LE

I run LE with a digi 001 on G4 400, and recently purchased sampletank xl. Can anybody advise me how to load sampletank into a stero aux track?? I have brought it into a stereo audio track successfully, i.e. I can hear the audio and see see it registering on the meter and also that sampletank is receiving midi. However, when I try to do this with a stereo aux track there is nothing registering on the meter of the track and I can hear absolutely nothing, enen though I can see that sampletank is receiving midi. I hope somebody can cast some light on this, your help would be well appreciated.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Sampletank and LE

You have to tell your midi where to go. Tell it to go out to Sampletank... Then you have to tell your Aux where to get it's input. And if you are only recording MIDI this is fine you can at the same time send your AUX track output to a reg Audio track and get it's input from the AUX track output via a buss,and then you can record audio as well to that track. Hope this helps.. Just remember the signal has to go in and out wherever you want it to go.
Control 24 - (2)192's
Old 10-09-2003, 11:19 AM

thanks for your advice. I have specified that the midi go to sampletank, and this isn't the problem. What the problem is, is that I created a stereo aux input as instructed, then on an insert of this aux input i added sampletank as instructed. However, although sampletank is receiving the midi, there is no audio to be heard and no signal entering the aux channel. Any ideas?????
Old 10-09-2003, 11:59 AM

I loaded up ne of my sessions ad i did ecact;y what you did... except it worked for me. In fact i did it with both an audio track and an aux. Both worked fine. I've heard guys talking about certain version of PT that can only do one or the other. I'm not ecactly sure what versions this is, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It should work either way.

I'm running a 002 /w faders, OS 9.2 on a g4 533 with protools 5.2.

I was thinking a little bit.. I tried moving the ST insert to the second place and adding a different pluggin before it.. ST stopped working as soon as I moved it from first position.

I hope this helps you. Good luck bro...
Old 10-09-2003, 12:57 PM

I've been having big problems with sample tank SE. Something's wrong with the bus assignments on th aux track. Reason is working fine but ST is jive.

I also have a problem with IK tech support. No help from them.

Old 10-09-2003, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll keep trying til it bugs me so much i just throw it!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:20 PM

Works fine for me.
PT 6.1 OS 10.2.6
Old 10-10-2003, 04:30 PM

Wow... this same problem was kicking my butt for several hours today.

I actually solved it by going to the ST site and reading this:

How do I use / setup Sampletank in Pro Tools?
* Start a session in Pro Tools.
* Create a new blank Stereo AUX channel (LE) or Stereo Audio Channel(Mix & HD).
* Load Sampletank*as an insert on*the aux/audio*channel.
* Once the Sampletank interface comes up click on the Root button. Now go to the main Mac hard drive, then IK Multimedia then open it.
* Now click ONCE on Sampletank Instruments then click Choose.
* Now load a sound by*double clicking on the name of the sound in the ST interface.
* Now make a new midi track, then go to the output of the Midi track and output it to the sound or sampletank channel that comes up.

Know what *I* was doing wrong? I wasn't _double_ clicking the sound files in ST. Finally, however, it is all up and running now (and pretty fun to play with).
Old 10-10-2003, 07:53 PM

Just a thought - did you remember to raise the aux channel fader? they default at 0 when created.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 10-12-2003, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Just a thought - did you remember to raise the aux channel fader? they default at 0 when created.

ahh beat me to it ... that one gets my students every time