Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 PM

Default I have ProTools 8, But Avid is only giving me ProTools 7.x Authorization Codes

Hello, I recently acquired a Powerbook G4. My first laptop. And considering it was a present (for free) I can't complain.

I looked on the CD I have for protools 8 and to my surprise, it was compatible with os x 10.5.8! So I installed it on the computer and plugged in my mbox 2.

However, I recently moved to St. Louis to live with family after the death of my dad a year ago. Most of our stuff is in storage in the place we used to live in. (In a different state). Among those things in storage is my 'Getting started' booklet, with my authorization code.

I registered my mbox a long time ago, and thought that with any luck they'd give me my authorization code. After all I bought ProTools 8 LE, and registered my mbox, so I don't see a problem. However, on their site, they only display the authorization codes for ProTools 7.x when I never even owned ProTools 7. I have the CD I bought years ago right here and it says ProTools 8 clear as day on it.

Just for the sake of trying, I put in the 7.x authorization code, and of course it didn't work. I refuse to pay for email support, that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Apple, the biggest company in the world, has free email support. The smallest company in the world probably has free email support. Hell Steve Jobs himself would actually contact customers and help them out.

I can provide a picture of the CD I have (which granted isn't the best evidence) but I also have all the registration info for my mbox which in the product code it even says w/8!

So, any help would be appreciated as I'd like to get back to recording my music.

~JP
Old 07-14-2012, 07:33 PM

Default Re: I have ProTools 8, But Avid is only giving me ProTools 7.x Authorization Codes

For registration/activation issues, support is free. You call the number and follow the prompts to be connected to Registration support. You just might be on hold a while. And of course you'll have to wait til Monday, normal business hours.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:34 PM

Default Re: I have ProTools 8, But Avid is only giving me ProTools 7.x Authorization Codes

Ugg. Nevermind. I wrote down my authorization code a while back and I found it just now.

Still, I imagine I'm not the only one who had this problem.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:34 PM

I tell everyone to write it down in at least 3 places. 1 being the sleeve that the disk is stored in

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave