Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 01-03-2016, 02:27 PM

Default EuCon and Mouse Conflicts on WIN7

Hi All,

As previously posted, PTC working OK on WIN7, PT 11.3.1.

2.4ghz, 54mbps router.

EuCon 3.3.2.

iPad mini 4 - iOS 9.2.

But I'm finding that EuCon is causing conflicts with both a Logitech wireless mouse, and a (USB wired) WACOM input tablet.

I'm still checking it out - but it seems that the wireless mouse & WACOM tablet lose the ability to send a double-click. Also getting some occasional inconsistencies when single-clicking on Firefox browser pull down menus, and random other glitches with mouse clicks.

I get the same inconsistent behavior whether using the wireless mouse or the (USB wired) WACOM tablet.

It has nothing to do with PTC being connected or PT running.

Whenever EuCon is running in the background, my double-clicks stop working.

As soon as I kill the EuCon process (as well as the MC Client process), all double-click functionality is restored.

Anyone else experience this on WIN 7 (or other OS')?

Thanks,
Danny V.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:56 PM

Default Re: EuCon and Mouse Conflicts on WIN7

Not exactly what you are seeing but I loose the ability to use my trackpad all together when eucon is running. I have to use a blue tooth mouse.
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 03-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Yeah same problem here! anyone from avid willing to step up ?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:53 AM

You may have a conflict problem with your wireless signal as most wireless mice and keyboards use the same 2.4ghz band as your router, and Eucon may be grabbing the signal thinking it is a PT controller. I use a 2.4ghz wireless keyboard and mouse, but my router and the wireless receiver on my pc are using the 5ghz band. I do not have any double click problems. No idea why the Wacom should be affected.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 05-01-2016, 04:46 AM

I have issues on my system, when Eucon is active, I get automatic double-clicking (waves plugins always think I would like to enter number values, Nuendo solo/mute buttons jump on and off again in one click...)

Killing Eucon stops this.
Any ideas? Win7, Eucon 3.3.2, NO WIRELESS DEVICES here.
Artist Mix and Transport.

Have just opened a support ticket and had been in touch with Dell about this, it seems linked to my Touchpad drivers (ALPS).

Maybe also with your "alternative input devices"?
Old 05-10-2016, 03:23 PM

I've been having very similar problems. Whenever EuControl is running, and certain other background services or startup items are also running, I observe the following strange symptoms (I'm using a wired, USB mouse, and have tried different mice.):
  • Outlook does not recognize a double-click.
  • Chrome will not bring up a right-click menu on a link (but IE will).
  • PT 12.5 will not recognize when I click on the record button (but will respond to clicking the play button).
  • Dropdowns in Excel ribbon flash and disappear.

There may be other issues, but these are the ones I've noted so far.

The items that EuControl appears to conflict with include at least the following:
  • Dell Foundation Services
  • Dell Vault Services
  • Dell PPO Services
  • Dell Digital Delivery Service
  • Logitech UMVPFSrv
  • Seattle Avionics Datamanager

In addition, EuControl appears to mess up my ability to remote into this computer (using Microsoft RDC). The mouse response is in fits and starts, and eventually freezes up the mouse response on the destination computer completely. This happens even when I've disabled all the startup items that appear to conflict; EuControl does this all by itself.

In all these cases, as soon as I kill EuControl in Task Manager, the mouse returns to normal.

I'm running PT12.5, and EUCON 3.3.2. (Note that I had even worse, but different problems when I tried to roll back to an earlier version of EUCON.)

I'm at my wit's end!
Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 AM

Hi Danny --

I ran into the same issue as you. The issue happened whenever my wacom and Avid Artist Control unit were both operating at the same time. Windows7/3.2.2 driver combo just like you.

I was able to fix the issue by resetting my wacom settings. For some reason unknown to me, loading my old setting file for the wacom caused this problem. Once my wacom settings were reset to factory defaults, the problem went away. From there I was able to reconfigure to my liking (not using old settings files) and the problem still does not occur.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: just to clarify, I reset to wacom factory defaults in the "wacom desktop center" app in "back & restore settings to computer" and then "reset settings"
ISIS/Interplay
Old 05-17-2016, 09:21 AM

I have the same problem.
Whenever the Eucon app is running the USB mouse (not wireless) double click automatically sometimes, other times it's impossible to double click. Drop down menus don't work. Plugins cant be controlled.

I've noticed that for any reason there are 2 mice instances in the system. When deleting one of them everything works again. For 5min, then it's back to 2 instances again and the problem is back.

I have talked to Dell about this and they refer to the developer of the Eucon app.
So no solution, just another guy with the same problem.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:54 AM

I have spoken to Dell (Germany) too and they refer to Avid/Eucon too.

Also, I have sent ALPS an email as it is their touchpad / driver that is acting weird here with Eucon.

Avid support have their eyes on it though now - didn't seem to have 3 weeks or so ago when I first contacted them. So this thread helped - thanks folks.

Let's see what happens. Could be an issue with the new Eucon/Ipad app support maybe.

Anybody tried Eucon 3.4?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 05-20-2016, 02:11 PM

I have the same problem when EUControl is installed. It takes away double click, and single clicks on menu items. I had to do some uninstalling until I found it to be the culprit. After a reinstall and uninstall I can say that is definielty the cause of the mouse issues. I also have a touch screen so I'm not sure if the having both is a part of the problem because I can't believe more people aren't running into this issue. I'm just using a standard USB Plug in mouse.

Hope for resolution soon as I was enjoying using the Pro Tools Control app, glad I don't have any surfaces that use EUControl.

All the best,
Aaron