Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 05:01 AM

Default Energy Saver Dilema

Hopefully ther is an easy fix for this.

I don't have energy saver enabled in the extensions of control panel, however one day the monitor started turning off and in the morning I could get a message saying that the PCI expansion card was not able to be shut down (or something similar to that).

Since I don't have energy saver loaded, I can't turn anything off (settings). Tomorrow I ma try to enable it and change the settings, but should enery saver even be working when its dissabled in the extensions and control panels?

Any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2001, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Energy Saver Dilema

I'm still not exactly sure how that works. Something was screwy with sleep mode on my G4 from day one. It would cause all sorts of crashes and weirdness after waking, even with no PCI cards installed. It would even wake by itself at random and scare the p*ss out of me in the middle of the night. Setting the control panel to 'Never' didn't make a difference. It would still go to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. I disabled the control panel and installed a small screen dimmer file called MacDim. Now it goes into a low power mode after about 30 minutes, but not full sleep mode (with the pulsing power button). It cleared up my problems, so I don't question it. What happens when you set your control panel to Never?
Old 04-10-2001, 07:26 AM
Avid

-G4's revert to their default energy saver settings when the Energy Saver CP is disabled.

-We always recommend enabling the Energy Saver CP in Extensions Manager and moving the slider to "Never."

Brent
Old 04-10-2001, 09:03 AM

It all makes sense now, I do as you say. Luckily it hasn't caused any problems, but it was kind of bothersome.Thanks!