Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2008, 09:19 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 & Akai MPK49 Keyboard Controller

Hey everyone!

I've been a Pro Tools user for a couple of years now, but I've just picked up my first midi controller, the above stated MPK49. It's a beautiful keyboard, and the fact that it has drum triggers on it just sweetens the deal. I bought it for those and the sets of faders/knobs, as well as the fact that the keys feel wonderful for the price.

However, as it's not a Digi/M-Audio controller, it's of course not fully supported by Pro Tools, and so I can only use the keyboard, pitch/mod wheels, drum triggers and transports.

Reading up on the forums I saw that in PT7.4 and below, users were able to trick Pro Tools into thinking that the keyboard was a CS 10, but the legacy controllers from PT 7 don't seem to carry over into version 8.

My question is then, are there any plans for a release of the legacy package for Pro Tools 8, or for Digidesign to add AKAI's nice keyboard controller to the list of devices natively supported? It sure would be nice to mix with the faders instead of my mouse.

Thanks,
Jon