Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2014, 07:23 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 I/O issues + (not responding)

Hello!

New member of this forumn. I've been using pro tools for about 4 years now and have just built a new desk top for audio recording (see specs below). I was running a hackintosh OS but just switched to windows 8.1.

I'm having I/O issues with PT11, mainly that I am not getting signal to or from my audio tracks! Using a Liquid Saffire 56, I know for certain that I am getting signal into my pc because my Mixcontrol software for the saffire interface is showing that I am via the correct channel. BUT, in pro tools, even with the saffire selected as playback engine and defaulting all the I/O, I still get no signal when I choose the "correct" input on the track.

Everything was working fine on my hack, but I would prefer to use windows. Unfortunately, everytime I have EVER tried using pro tools on windows, it has always been a giant pain in my ass. I have always had to spend at least 30 minutes troubleshooting, whether drivers, interfaces, latency issues, etc. I can't seem to get this one figured out.. so I'm hoping someone else can. I don't want to give up on windows and go back to OSX but I must say that everything always runs smooth with Mac.

Additionally, when opening up PT11, using it on this install (windows 8.1) for the first time resulted in the program crashing twice, not responding 5+ times and have severe lag.. all within 45 minutes. Why? What gives? The machine is fast enough and all parts are new.

Please... anyone help me.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 I/O issues + (not responding)

PT 11 on Windows 8 / 8.1 works extremely well for a lot of users, so I'm sure someone here can get you sorted out.

First, although you had everything running smoothly on OSX, there are a few things you should always do on Windows. Please take a look at the Help Us Help You thread, which will give you some set up tips as well as what info we like to see from you in order to help out.

Crashes while starting up and slow performance are sometimes a sign of bad preferences, hardware or driver incompatibility. Wireless network cards and certain Firewire cards can cause issues too.

System Details
Old 01-29-2015, 06:02 PM

Hi.
I'm having the exact same issue. Just reinstalled Win8.1 with PT11.3.
My Liquid56 is set as the AudioEngine and all the busses look good.
The Saffire mix control plays well and has no issues (my Command8 is even working).
I cannot get PT to see any audio input.
Any solutions or am I switching back to a Teac 4 track.
Thx.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:14 PM

The following may help:

1) Make sure that your onboard sound card is the default for Windows sounds/audio and that your Pro Tools interface is for PT only.

2)Default all the Pro Tools I/O.

3) Make sure that your interface's software mixer I/O assignments match whatever assignments you've made in Pro Tools.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction