Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2013, 03:08 PM

Default WTB: Massey Plugins...

Hey All...

I'm looking for Massey Plugins... (At good prices!)

CT5 Compressor
Tape-Head saturation
vt3 equalizer
L2007 mastering limiter

Anybody know how this might work with transferring of ownership? Would I get full customer support after buying these?

nexis
Old 03-10-2013, 12:23 AM

Default Re: WTB: Massey Plugins...

To the best of my knowlage Massey doesn't transfer ownership of plugs. I don't believe that he restricts second hand sales however. What you would be buying as a second buyer is access to the download links, some else's registration name and auth codes.

I would personally feel a little strange having to enter someone else's name in the authorization window along with their code but that's just me. Plus you have to keep track of their name, their auth code. Their account info. If anything goes wrong your at the sellers mercy.

The flip side is that Masseys plugs are downright cheap and he has a fabulous demo program. Steve's a great guy. My first plugs were Masseys and I would buy one when ever I had some extra coin. This is a case where your purchase money goes directly to the developer. There's nothing wrong with buying his plugs second hand if you can find them. But buying them direct has the greatest benefit.

Those are all great plugin choices I should add.

And it goes without saying one should check out his site for the latest licensing and transfer info. I'm going from memory here.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 AM

Massey will transfer ownership (at no cost), but the problem will be finding someone who wants to sell them. They're so affordable, and so good, most folks aren't willing to sell them for less that what they paid for them.
The most expensive one you have on your list is the L2007, which is a whopping $89 for the full version.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:17 AM

You guys are right, I'll just get them (one at a time) as I can afford them :). Thanks everybody...

nexis
Old 03-10-2013, 12:11 PM

Default WTB: Massey Plugins...

I've been so pleased with Steven's plugins, service and ethic that I don't even demo them first. The new plugin announcement comes out and there I am typing in my credit card #. I've got all his plugins and none of them are for sale.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejwells View Post
Massey will transfer ownership (at no cost), but the problem will be finding someone who wants to sell them. They're so affordable, and so good, most folks aren't willing to sell them for less that what they paid for them.
The most expensive one you have on your list is the L2007, which is a whopping $89 for the full version.
The nice thing about being wrong is that I get to learn something new

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexis View Post
Hey All...

I'm looking for Massey Plugins... (At good prices!)

CT5 Compressor
Tape-Head saturation
vt3 equalizer
L2007 mastering limiter

Anybody know how this might work with transferring of ownership? Would I get full customer support after buying these?

nexis
You need them to be cheaper than they already are? Maybe Steve could come over and paint your house?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashville View Post
You need them to be cheaper than they already are? Maybe Steve could come over and paint your house?
...that wasn't very nice.... My house is sided and doesn't require painting. There will always be people in this world that need to grow up...