Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2008, 06:58 AM

Default TC stripped from AAF/OMF

Recently a client asked if I could export a session from PT via AAF/OMF to a SoundTrackPro session. The PT session had specific TC info, since it was from a concert I had recorded, the audio files wav., I found that neither an AAF of OMF file translated the TC info to the STP session. Is this a shortcoming of STP? Does the export out of PT not include TC? I exported it several different ways, but no luck. Anyone have any illuminations on this?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 AM

Default Re: TC stripped from AAF/OMF

This only works with referenced OMFs/AFFs not with embedded OMFs that you need for STP.

frank.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:22 PM

Default Re: TC stripped from AAF/OMF

So the upshot of your reply is TC doesn't make the journey to STP, ever. Yes? You also mention something about STP needing an embedded OMF, I was able to open an OMF where the audio files were not embedded, in STP. I was also able to do this with an AAF, I also did an OMF with audio embedded. STP doesn't do AAF in this case.