Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Pro Tools MPowered \"Problem\"

Alright, I searched and couldn't find something 100% related to the issue I'm facing.

Before I start, these are my system specs, including the software I use (or try to)

Pentium IV 3.6GHz Prescott
1GB 200pin DDR Ram
2x250GB Western Digital Hard Drive
ATI X300SE PCI Express Video Card
Windows XP Professional

Pro Tools MPowered (pre-MPowered 7 release)
Reason 3.0

Native Instruments:
Akoustik Piano
B4
Pro53
Absynth

-----

The Issue:

I recently reinstalled all my software and discovered that for some reason when I went to the insert effects to activate an RTAS plugin in Pro Tools MPowered, that the only instrument I could find was my mono click track along with Reason (Reason was in the Instrument menu, not a ReWire menu or anything).

I'm trying to get to be able to use my Native Instrument RTAS plugins with protools so I can record using those sounds and sequence...etc, but I can't figure out for the life of me (and no manual is giving me a straight answer) as to how the hell I can get the Native Instrument RTAS plugins (which are all installed) to show up in Pro Tools for me to use. I remember a month ago seeing them in there and then they just disappeared one time and I can't figure out why.

Any help on this issue would be enormously appreciated.

Emeric

EDIT:
I was reinstalling Absynth and noticed that it put its RTAS plugin in a DAE folder within the Pro Tools directory. When I opened Pro Tools again, the Absynth plugin now showed up in the Inserts section but ALL OF MY OTHER PLUGINS WERE GONE! I am so confused.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools MPowered \"Problem\"

Did you re-install the other softare the same way you did Absynth?

Although you mentioned clicking "instrument" in the plug-in dropdown,you should also click on "other" at the bottom of the list to find most of your Native Instruments.

I would've thought you'd install the other plug-ins or whatever after pro-tools.

Let us know how you get on.

-Ac.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Well, see that's the weird part. When I reinstalled protools, all those things from the AudioSuite drop down menu (like EQ, Bombfactory, Reverb...). When I installed Absynth and it made the DAE directory within the ProTools Directory in Program Files, all of a suddent the only thing available to me was the following (in terms of plugin options):

Multi Channel Plugin--> Instrument --> Absynth 3.0, Akoustik Piano, Reason

If I make a Stereo Aux track, then I get the Click(mono) plugin in the list as well but NOTHING else. I don't know why, it's as if putting the DAE directory there caused program to ignore the rest of all the other plugins that were already there...

I'm gonna try and get screenshots, if you have AIM, my sn is ael12002 and maybe we can talk there. This is really frustrating, along with it not being able to get a MIDI signal from my keyboard on top of this.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:46 AM

Did you check on under Multi Channel Plugin--> " other" ? your instruments should be there, if not un-install and re-install them again- this should fix it.

As for the keyboard part,enable the device in the input devices and mid thru under the midi menu.

Aslo read my post below about NI instruments:

Quote:
Same probelm here too.
My workaround may not be different from what some of you might have discovered too, but here goes:

In order to use these NI products, I find that after inserting a midi track/aux with sampletank free, the following/next track works ok with the NI software e.g. kontakt as from the 3rd channel.

In other words,you'd have to allow sampletank free have the very first track and second channel to make the others available for your Native Instruments e.t.c
Old 11-10-2005, 10:09 AM

No, I reinstalled multiple times. I figured it out. For some reasont he RTAS plugins weren't installing themselves into the DAE folder in the System folder of my C: drive. So the reason they weren't showing up was because they werne't in the same directory protools looks through for all my other plugins, and hte reason why it was cancelling out the other plugins is because protools started reading from the folder I Had made in the protools directory called "DAE" and thus not looking on the system drive for it...everything's working fine, I appreciate the help though