Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2019, 04:27 PM

Default Re: iLOK support (Lack of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Of course $30 coverage isn't really an insurance but gives you time to get things sorted out without downtime due to missing licenses
Hi Janne
I'm sure you know all this already - but it's a good chance for us to let others know "what shakes" with "TLC with ZDT enabled".

As TLC stands for “Theft & Loss Coverage”, at $30 per year, this is the cheapest insurance I could buy, especially compared with the Insurance company quotes I got to cover my iLok (whilst at home, as well as away from home). All these quotes were for multiple hundreds of Dollars per year.

PACE states, for those who are not familiar with the TLC process (I’ll use PACE’s own bold-face and CAPS):

“This coverage is included at no additional cost with your Zero Downtime subscription, however you MUST enable TLC on your iLok BEFORE the iLok is lost or stolen.”

I see the extra impost of having to purchase a separate iLok (to minimise downtime if an iLok is stolen or broken) as a bit like paying the Excess on an Insurance Claim - except it must be paid before the Claim! Once all licenses are on the replacement iLok, an extra $30 would also be due for ZDT on the new iLok, as ZDT is not transferrable from the original iLok.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Of course $30 coverage isn't really an insurance but gives you time to get things sorted out without downtime due to missing licenses
I understand this, but why make people need this hassle in the first place? Native Instruments, Ableton, Arturia and others can avoid making people jump through these hoops.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
In also highly recommend the TLC option. It's fast, clean, and easy.
Fast, clean and easy?

Fast, clean and easy would be scrapping iLoks.

Thankfully waves don't require it anymore. Let's hope Avid follows suit.