Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 09-29-2011, 01:25 PM

Default I have alot of tracks and scrolling is getting a problem.How can I scroll down faster

I'd rather not use the side bar if I can help it. The new explorer bar at the top is to sensitive to be useful.

I'd like to just scroll with the mouse. Is there a button that varies the speed at which the mouse scrolls?
Old 09-29-2011, 02:02 PM

Default Re: I have alot of tracks and scrolling is getting a problem.How can I scroll down fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet View Post
I'd rather not use the side bar if I can help it. The new explorer bar at the top is to sensitive to be useful.

I'd like to just scroll with the mouse. Is there a button that varies the speed at which the mouse scrolls?
There should be something in the mouse control panel in Windows to change the amount of scrolling with the mouse. This might well be a global control though and not just for PT. It's not so much the speed but the amount of lines by which the mouse scrolls for each step of the mouse wheel.

QAPLA!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Default Re: I have alot of tracks and scrolling is getting a problem.How can I scroll down fa

How about Universe View?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Try the "Page Down / Page Up" keys on your keyboard as well as "Home" and "End."
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 PM

also, consider organizing similar trax
( like "vox") into mem-loc presets.
make nav'ing through large sessions much faster.
e
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 PM

I use a Logitech M950 Performance mouse and it works great in PT.

One hearty spin on the wheel and it's keeps scrolling until you put slight pressure/or actually stop the wheel spinning for it to stop scrolling. It also comes with it's own interface to customize various aspects of it's performance (as a lot of others do admittedly). Out of interest I just opened the pdf Pro Tools Reference guide and gave a decent spin of the wheel, it scrolled through over 700 pages in under 10 seconds before stopping scrolling on it's own; to give you some idea of what I mean. Of course I could have stopped it at any point in the scroll by simply touching the wheel slightly to stop it spinning.

It's the best mouse I have yet to find, and I've used a few in my time.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 PM

View settings via Memory Locations

or something to that effect

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
I use a Logitech M950 Performance mouse and it works great in PT.

One hearty spin on the wheel and it's keeps scrolling until you put slight pressure/or actually stop the wheel spinning for it to stop scrolling. It also comes with it's own interface to customize various aspects of it's performance (as a lot of others do admittedly). Out of interest I just opened the pdf Pro Tools Reference guide and gave a decent spin of the wheel, it scrolled through over 700 pages in under 10 seconds before stopping scrolling on it's own; to give you some idea of what I mean. Of course I could have stopped it at any point in the scroll by simply touching the wheel slightly to stop it spinning.

It's the best mouse I have yet to find, and I've used a few in my time.
Is that the one where you can press down on the scroll wheel to engage or disengage the click stops in the wheel? Loved that feature. I used one until I wore out the right & left click switches on it. Nice feel for a right hander; only wish the charging stand was a little heftier so it didn't move around. There's a new version that uses a mini usb cord to charge the unit so you can either charge while using and then go wireless or plug the cord into a wall-wart to recharge.

QAPLA!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Is that the one where you can press down on the scroll wheel to engage or disengage the click stops in the wheel? Loved that feature. I used one until I wore out the right & left click switches on it. Nice feel for a right hander; only wish the charging stand was a little heftier so it didn't move around. There's a new version that uses a mini usb cord to charge the unit so you can either charge while using and then go wireless or plug the cord into a wall-wart to recharge.

That's the one. Yeah it has the button to engage/disengage 'Free Wheelin' so you can scroll slowly with precision control or quickly to get through screeds of info. IMHO ergonomically the best as well.
http://www.logitech.com/en-nz/mice-p...s/5845?debug=0

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
That's the one. Yeah it has the button to engage/disengage 'Free Wheelin' so you can scroll slowly with precision control or quickly to get through screeds of info. IMHO ergonomically the best as well.
http://www.logitech.com/en-nz/mice-p...s/5845?debug=0
Interesting the Logitech uses different part numbers in different parts of the world. Here in the US it's this:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...mance-mouse-mx

Where it's called the Logitech Performance Mouse MX

The only thing I don't like is if you're charging from your computer it uses 2 usb ports - one for the charge and one for the wireless dongle.

QAPLA!