Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2016, 05:44 PM

Default Auto-Created Playlist names

The Move-to and Copy-to playlist function is pretty cool and shaves a few half-seconds from editing but my issue is the auto-name function.

I, like most people I assume, always label a track "xxxx .01". So when I create a new playlist it just goes to "xxxx. 02" and so forth. Sadly, if I don't have a pre-created playlist, and I let it auto-name one using the Move or Copy to function, it does a name based off the clip name, which is pretty much pointless for me.

I would love the option for it to just follow suit like any other time I create a new playlist and it numbers sequentially.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Auto-Created Playlist names

Why don't you just label the track and start to record. Refer to that first track as zero. Or you could immediately make a duplicate and it will auto name it Voc 01. Then start recording.

Life is short. Make things easy!

Steve
Old 11-25-2016, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Auto-Created Playlist names

I think you misunderstood. I do label the tracks. For instance. "Vocal .01". When I create a new playlist it will automatically label it as "Vocal .02", then "Vocal .03", etc. But, let's say I have a vocal line or part that the singer just finished and I want to quickly put it on a new playlist and then start recording quickly again, the new "move-to" feature makes this quick and easy, EXCEPT it will label a new playlist based off the clip name instead of the ".01, .02, .03..." that is currently being implemented.

So that, is my issue. The playlist labeling should stay consistent from "new playlist or duplicate", to creating a new playlist from "move-to" or "copy-to".