How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Strike does not play all settings and kits

Hi all,

I just received my brand new Strike PlugIn and must say that I am quite disappointed as it does not work as expected.

Here is the problem description:
I select from the menu tree on the left different settings, for example Brit Rock 95 or Heavy Metal 135 et. al. and when they are loaded I cannot play them with the style key and also not in the kit view. On the style keys the LED is blinking as if it is playing but no sound comes out.
It is important to note that in the menu tree the "pre-listen" function for these settings works!

Other settings can be loaded and played, for example the setting Hard Funk 90.
In the Kit view the different instruments have an icon next to the fader which can be clicked and the instrument can then be heard.
This is not the case for the other Strike settings that do not work. Their kit is basically empty.
Trying to load a kit does not work either. For example dragging and dropping a kick for Heavy Metal on the Kick Fader in the Kick View shows the green + but the icon does not appear and can therefore not be played. This applies to the entire kit instruments.

So why are some working and others do not??

Well, I have updated my Strike installation to 1.0.1cs2 but this did not solve the problem.
I have created a Strike only PT session to limit CPU usage and increased CPU limit to 75 %. No success.
For your info I am using PowerPC Mac G5 Dual Core 2.5GHz PT HD 3 Version 7.3cs1 for Mac OSX with 1.5GBytes of RAM.

Any support is really appreciated

Shouldn't I receive tech support from Digidesign????

Thx

Carsten

[email protected]

Old 01-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Strike does not play all settings and kits

Hello all,

This post can be seen as a corrective measure.

Well, I have fixed the problem after investigating this DUC and reading the installation instructions again.
Actually the second DVD installed the data files in the wrong folder, hence some settings and kits
were not there.

Now after I have been able to use Strike's normal functions (hope everything's ok now),
I must say I am really happy with its performance:

I love the sound of the kits, I love the patterns and styles available,
it is very handy and a song arrangement can be quickly produced.
I played with some tuning FX for the snare and was impressed by the possibilities of sound manipulation.

I discovered some issues while having Strike playing together with a large setup of other RTAS Plug-Ins and Reason.
It seems to be quite CPU power and memory consuming.
The best is to record the drums on an audio track and make the PlugIn inactive when the arrangement is finished.
You can always add additional pattern afterwards using "Export to MIDI" and record the new patterns as audio.

I have one suggestion though:
It should be possible to record the performance directly to MIDI instead of using "Export to MIDI" after the performance.
Groove Agent from Steinberg can do this.

Sorry for my first post.
I was a bit frustrated.

Cheers

Carsten