Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 11:17 PM

Default intel a nightmare

great place this support forum. got some great help quickly yesterday.

moved from PC to mac intel; 2.16 gig 2 core 24 inch screen, for professional reasons, cant score movies with out knowledge of pro-tools and i thought the mac would be faster, that might be so but i feel like a test bunny for intel. its a nightmare. sample-tank will not authorize (the lite version that comes with M box ignition pack, ExPand wouldn't work but just found the update for it on this forum. go an I Loc. with 5 licenses but dont know where the plugins are; e.g. cosmonaut voice (something like that)

can anybody tell me any things to watch for or b aware of, such as the BDF, does that need a special I mac update too. ect.

i am tearing my hair out and have an important deadline in 4 weeks (music for movie, lucky i have he PC working with cubse, but i would love to us this mac)

seems nothing in the ignition pack works on the intel. wrote a scathing letter to sample tank as i thought i might have needed a different authority number but i was sent the exact same one, so two out of three of the back up numbers are exactly the same???

thats the kind of thing that is killing me

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 01-08-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: intel a nightmare

BFD has an Intel version.... works fine here on my MacBook and Mac Pro.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-08-2007, 06:48 AM

Quote:
BFD has an Intel version.... works fine here on my MacBook and Mac Pro.

Rail
Is this the "BFD Demo" that's on their website? Is this the same as "BFD Lite"?

Thx, -DJC
Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 AM

Never mind.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 PM

thanks guys, im loving this support, really need it. weird that 'sample tank 2.2' will not accept the authority and also strange that IK sent me the same authority number as a back up. as you know. one gets three chances, well it seems i have blown 2 but both were the same number anyway. Really puzzling. recently got' FXexpnsions VST to RTAS,' should make a big difference because i have some great stuff (VST) on the PC, hopefully my plugins will just fir in and will not have to go through this puzzling authority because i know already my own serial numbers, ect.

thanks again

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 01-13-2007, 04:55 PM

BDF Lite! sorry I have been on the PC doing some music for some work, still working Pro-Tools and the Mac out and dont want to risk the deadline learning new tools.

As I said, BDF Lite?? doesn't have any content at all. I installed the first disc but not yet the update, i have but i reinstalled the computer since then and am going slow because this intel thing has me a little confused, There seems no content, very little wave files in it, hardly any, and no content instal that is mentioned in the installs instructions. I dont believe it was in the update either.??

another thing. sample tank .2 has no content or more the point I can to get to it? also it will not authorize?? probably lost it. ten days are up I think, I sent IK for another authority and they sent me exactly he same number, i haven't heard from them since, I sent them a letter for explanation??

also, I can seem to get the flanger, and a number of plugins to be seen, I'm wondering what happened, I was sure they were there and they are in the plugins folder??

si fi, smack and orange vocoder eem to not show up in protools. along with the flanger. I installed some software and then uinstalled it and Im wonderig if I deleted some files I shouldn't have, I dont think so but???

anyone have any questions at all about intels are welcome tp post it here for anyone to check, i'd personally dig it because I am very very new to macs much less intels

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 01-13-2007, 04:55 PM

BDF Lite! sorry I have been on the PC doing some music for some work, still working Pro-Tools and the Mac out and dont want to risk the deadline learning new tools.

As I said, BDF Lite?? doesn't have any content at all. I installed the first disc but not yet the update, i have but i reinstalled the computer since then and am going slow because this intel thing has me a little confused, There seems no content, very little wave files in it, hardly any, and no content instal that is mentioned in the installs instructions. I dont believe it was in the update either.??

another thing. sample tank .2 has no content or more the point I can to get to it? also it will not authorize?? probably lost it. ten days are up I think, I sent IK for another authority and they sent me exactly he same number, i haven't heard from them since, I sent them a letter for explanation??

also, I can seem to get the flanger, and a number of plugins to be seen, I'm wondering what happened, I was sure they were there and they are in the plugins folder??

si fi, smack and orange vocoder eem to not show up in protools. along with the flanger. I installed some software and then uinstalled it and Im wonderig if I deleted some files I shouldn't have, I dont think so but???

anyone have any questions at all about intels are welcome tp post it here for anyone to check, i'd personally dig it because I am very very new to macs much less intels

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 01-13-2007, 04:58 PM

bdf lite seems to have no content??

sample tank will not load any sounds or authorise??

flanger, smack. orange vocoder will not load??

any thoughts??

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 01-13-2007, 04:58 PM

bdf lite seems to have no content??

sample tank will not load any sounds or authorise??

flanger, smack. orange vocoder will not load??

any thoughts??

PT 7.3.6. M Box2
Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 PM

sory about the double posts and thread. wont happen again, still new at this

PT 7.3.6. M Box2