Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 10:12 AM

Default 6.1 on XP Pro, Pro Control and Edit Pack Issues

i just installed a fresh copy of XP Pro, service pack 1 and 6.1 for our HD system. everything was stable for 10 minutes or so, then out of no where the pro control goes off line, the system locks up and the computer crashes. reboot, the cycle repeats. the only way to keep the system stable is by disabling the ethernet controller, but not only does this disable network xfer of files but it disables the use of the pro control and edit pack all together. the only thing i can pinpoint is could it be the built-in internal ethernet, and not a PCI ethernet card causing the problem? has anyone experienced this or know at all what could be causing this? we are stuck with 5.3.3 in the mean time (which is stable but has a few minor bugs on our system), missing out on all the new features of the 6.x series : (

kp

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
Avid

Default Re: 6.1 on XP Pro, Pro Control and Edit Pack Issues

Hi,

Take a look at this CS release I think it will resolve this for you,

http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs/61cs3/

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: 6.1 on XP Pro, Pro Control and Edit Pack Issues

i tried it, unfortunately it did not work. pro control dropped out after 5 minutes, screen locked up as before and had to force quit pro tools. i followed the instructions as indicated in the pdf file. back to 5.3.3 again...unless there is some glimpse of hope with another recommended fix

kp

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2