Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2009, 05:24 AM

Default Re: The Best Studio Headphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha]-[acksaw View Post
I'm sure lots of it is prefrence. Like others have said, I would never mix in headphones, so I don't really worrie about flat freq respons. I maily want something that has nice big lows and clear highs with nothing extra added to the mid range.

I'm using the AudioTechinca ATH-M40fs. They sound great when monitoring a recording through them. What I enjoy most is that the low end isn't lost. I can play along to a full drum kit and acoustic guitar, and still hear nice definition in a bass guitar that I'm playing. I also own a pair of Sony phones, and the bass is null plus they have a very exagerated upper midrange, which drives me nutz!

I think i paid about $75 for the M40fs. I really enjoy them!
I also have a pair of the M40fs's and you need to get replacement earpads and headpads, they DO NOT LAST.
luckily AT sells then on their web site.

I still say the Sennheiser's are the best for tracking