Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Artist Control - Has anyone managed to solve the disconnection issues?

Stumbled across a thread earlier this morning regarding an issue with iMac ethernet ports and random disconnection. Although the thread doesn't describe my problem (it takes of an OS update that takes out the ethernet port altogether), it does make me think that if my ethernet port does indeed randomly disconnect (a momentary disconnect which even if I was browsing the web at the time, I wouldn't notice it), surely that could be reason for the Artist Control to freeze/disconnect.

Any knowledgable tech heads out there who would know how to find out if my ethernet port is the culprit?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Control - Has anyone managed to solve the disconnection issues?

What version of EuControl are you running ?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:52 AM

Latest version. Tried rolling back to all older versions to see if that would help but still the same problem.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Avid

So 3.6 yes ? Be aware that rolling back requires uninstalling and running the clean EUCON script. V3.6 is the best release yet so I would stay on that for testing.

As a test though as you have been installing different versions and this is known to cause issues, can you follow these instructions if on a Mac and then put 3.6 back on ? Clean EUCON Script
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 AM

All cleaned up and fresh 3.6. I was on 3.5.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Avid

Can you take note of what you were doing if it freezes again, also go to EuControl and see if its still functioning (can prefs be changed etc.). Thanks
Old 04-17-2017, 10:44 AM

About 4 hours in (and confidence building) and it's just dropped again! I literally saw the icon turn to light grey as I sat back in the chair thinking that this could be it and I've finally got it working. In a very early stage of a mix, no plugs just cutting up audio regions. I wasn't even doing anything at the time it dropped.

I must admit that I did have Safari, Mail app & Dropbox all running in the background (something which I always made sure were turned off if I wanted to use the MC Control). Do I conduct another test with all these other apps turned off? Maybe but I don't have time to waste.

If I could figure out exactly what happened just a few minutes ago and why I experienced another disconnect, at least I feel there'd be light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:46 AM

Eucon is still active. The unit has frozen.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Avid

So just powering the unit on and off....does it connect back up without restarting EuControl ?
Old 04-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Yes. When I see it's frozen, press power button, wait 1 minute or so and unit powers off and then you can power up again no problem.