Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 PM

Default Re: What percentage of total film budget is post pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
I find the money in LA very good compared to everywhere else.
Depends on where you sit in the market. i was really joking about factory labor thing. i do constantly with the deal with low ballers outside the sound supers i work with. Those supers have budgets are always way to low which they are alway honest about. i appreciate the work and almost never pass it up because there is always the opportunity to learn something new. Kind of like what Doug said. i care a lot about my work a lot and have a real passion for sound. That lead me to do extra work on each project. which now has me in trouble since i am now expected to do 70% of a job when i started off doing 30% before. You would think at some point that loyalty would eventually get me a little more. dream on, i am still getting paid the same and sometime less.

My typical job. i am cutting FX, BG's (sometime recording them), Foley (minus feet) recording and editing of course. I also sometimes filling to do ADR. If you want to PM me i will gladly tell you how much i am paid.

Everyone want more for their money these days.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 PM

Hi Myke,

I emailed you from your website.
You've probably mixed a lot of the promos for shows Ive done for ABC family.

Living the dream.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:36 AM

1.5% - 2% is not unusual for projects with directors who have worked on medium and high budget movies in the early 2000s and earlier, because they usually know what is required to do a good sound track and often have enough cache to demand more time and resources. First time directors on lower budget projects are not in a position to make such demands, so the percentage is likely going to be significantly lower, think 1% or even less. I haven't seen 3% in several years.