Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Default My conform to tempo doesn't seem to work!

I am trying to import a drum loop into an audio track. I select the loop, do the convert, drag it into my regions folder, everything's great. Then I drag it into my audio track. Still seems like everything is perfect. I play the track, as is, and the loop tempo is way different than the click track although I checked the conform to tempo in the preferences box. Now, I figure I need to run elastic audio. I have the track set on Rythmic, I highlight the region and click conform to tempo.
In repeated attempts the region gets substantially longer but when I play it, it still doesn't line up at all with the tempo. Both are set to 4/4 Click track is set to 68 and the loop is about 70 I must be doing something obviously wrong but I can't figure out what!I admit I work with an extremely Low IQ but if EA works for everyone else even I should be able to get this! Pulling my hair out!! it looks so easy when I see it on the video tutorials! LOL Anyone???
Old 05-03-2010, 10:52 PM

Default Re: My conform to tempo doesn't seem to work!

Is the track set to tick based or sample based?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Dave,

I tried both. Just can't get anywhere close to tempo. I know I'm missing something obvious......
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 PM

Go to the 1st region... now zoom in real close and check if the beginning of the region doesn't start before the 1 beat of the measure. If it does, when you do the loops, they will eventually go out of sync.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM

And similarly, if by accident when you put the loop in place you trimmed the end out a little, the loop will get all messed up and the elastic audio will try to fix it.