How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Default Eleven Rack Compatability

Hello,

I have PT 8.0.3 HD (OSX 10.5.8) and a PT 9 HD (OSX 10.6.3) each on its own boot disk within my intel G5 (2 x 2.66, 32 GB RAM).

I am interested in getting a Eleven Rack to go with this system.

I prefer to run PT 8 because it's more stable.

From my research, I need firmware version 1.0.1 to run this on PT8

Can someone give me advice/feedback on getting an Eleven rack.

Will I need a license on my iLok2?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 09-12-2016, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Compatability

Are you looking to use the eleven Rack as the audio interface or use it connected to your existing interface?

Whatever you do you probably don't want an Eleven Rack with version 1.x software, you want one with the much lager number of amp models in version 2 aka Expansion Pack. Which is what all the new ones will have, and many used ones as well.

Any Eleven Rack will work as an interface with any version of Pro Tools, as long as the Eleven Rack drivers are available/work on your computer. I don't recall there being firmware issues there.

Worse case all you are missing is compatibility with the build in (Pro Tools 8/9) or Stand Alone Eleven Rack editor. You don't really need that for editing setups, saving and loading presets if you use lot so them is another matter.

I am pretty sure you can just use a Version 2.x Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 8 or 9 and use the Stand Alone Eleven Rack editor and things will just work (don't open the editor in Pro Tools).

You can also use the Expansion pack installer to update Pro Tools 8 or 9 so the be built-in editor is compatible with firmware version 2. If you buy an Eleven Rack that has been updated the seller will have that Pro Tools updated/plugin files you need.