Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-17-2019, 04:26 AM

Default SampleTank 4 oh well...

Well...that was a waste of 2 days and $199! 14 of the sound files would not load, and it would not find numerous instruments that supposedly HAD installed correctly. Plus it pushed the CPU usage to plus 80% (ST3 uses about 15%).
Back to ST3 and Miraslav 2 - working fine again.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:39 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: SampleTank 4 oh well...

Hey kw88keys,

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting started with SampleTank 4. As this does sound like abnormal behavior, I would strongly suggest reaching out to the IK Multimedia support team or sending me a PM when you can. There should be no files which do not load in SampleTank 4. If you are having loading issues, we should be able to get you working with some trouble shooting.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

If you are having issues with RAM at all, it sounds like you may be using an older version of SampleTank 4. Do note, with SampleTank 4 version 4.0.4 we have significant improvements to performance and the customization of performance. Make sure to grab this download from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/). There is a sound content update with this version, so grab this from the SampleTank 4 'Sounds Downloads' section in My Products.

Version 4.0.4 also includes an updated Installation and Authorization guide with information we've seen help users get started. Be sure to check this out as well and let me know if you there is any info you cannot find.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:23 PM

Default Re: SampleTank 4 oh well...

Thank you very much for your reply. I did in fact download 4.0.4 but will be glad to give it another try. At this time, I will not be able to do this due to travel and other issues but will look into this as soon as possible. Thanks again for the quick response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIK View Post
Hey kw88keys,

Sorry to hear of your troubles getting started with SampleTank 4. As this does sound like abnormal behavior, I would strongly suggest reaching out to the IK Multimedia support team or sending me a PM when you can. There should be no files which do not load in SampleTank 4. If you are having loading issues, we should be able to get you working with some trouble shooting.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

If you are having issues with RAM at all, it sounds like you may be using an older version of SampleTank 4. Do note, with SampleTank 4 version 4.0.4 we have significant improvements to performance and the customization of performance. Make sure to grab this download from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/). There is a sound content update with this version, so grab this from the SampleTank 4 'Sounds Downloads' section in My Products.

Version 4.0.4 also includes an updated Installation and Authorization guide with information we've seen help users get started. Be sure to check this out as well and let me know if you there is any info you cannot find.