Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-17-2019, 12:28 AM

Default Logic ProX and 19.5 (similar but worse issues than ProToolsUltimate)

Mmmm, the 19.5 update has basically made Logic ProX unusable with the S3.

In fact it is a lot worse than the previous versions. Inserts on the top row cannot be configured, selected etc etc... There's no relevant visual feedback on the top row.. or the second row. On the Dock iPad combo... inserts don't show at all..
I thought there was some interaction between AVID & Apple in regard to some of the bug fixes..

I know things were rushed to get out in the wild, as there was so much negativity about the delay.. but to make it basically unusable. I'm getting tired.

I apologise for the rant.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Avid

Default Re: Logic ProX and 19.5 (similar but worse issues than ProToolsUltimate)

Hi Matt,

What version of Logic and what OS are you running? Also, are these stock Inserts or 3rd Party?

I can't repro the issues you are reporting with my setup. Hoping if I can find a system that matches yours I might be able to.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Logic ProX and 19.5 (similar but worse issues than ProToolsUltimate)

Hi Brian,
I am running Logic 10.4.4 & OS 10.14.5 (was same with .4.4)

I doesn't discriminate between stock or 3rd party... It appears to be the same or at least very similar scenario as with ProToolsUlt, however, sometimes (as an example) the top row knob presses don't do anything and the displays never change.

Sometimes, power cycling the S3 resolves this for a while.

I'm gonna sit tight to see if the 19.5.1 Eucon update addresses these in Logic as they do in PTs. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01