Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-19-2019, 01:46 PM

Default 2 PT Perpetual Licenses - Cloud Collaboration

Hi, I have two ProTools licenses, one vanilla and one HD. I have them linked to one Avid account and both reside on one iLok. I have a collaborator that I'd like to share that license with when we're working together on projects (speed up track production, editing, tuning etc).

I've read some threads that seem to indicate there is a limitation on using Cloud Collab from within one Avid account. Is this still true in 2019?

How would I go about creating an additional Avid Account? Would I need to create an additional iLok account as well and pay a $25 license transfer fee on top of all that?

Any advice or help from those more experienced is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Avid

Default Re: 2 PT Perpetual Licenses - Cloud Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift300 View Post
Hi, I have two ProTools licenses, one vanilla and one HD. I have them linked to one Avid account and both reside on one iLok. I have a collaborator that I'd like to share that license with when we're working together on projects (speed up track production, editing, tuning etc).

I've read some threads that seem to indicate there is a limitation on using Cloud Collab from within one Avid account. Is this still true in 2019?

How would I go about creating an additional Avid Account? Would I need to create an additional iLok account as well and pay a $25 license transfer fee on top of all that?

Any advice or help from those more experienced is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi

Upon checking, your Vanilla license is activated on an iLok 3 dongle, and the Ultimate is activated on an iLok Cloud. You just need to deactivate the Pro Tools Ultimate on the computer it's currently activated on (Open iLok License Manager, FILE > Close Cloud Session) and activate in on the computer you'd like to use it. The Vanilla can be used on any computer PT vanilla's installed on as long as the iLok 3 is plugged in. Hope this helps.

-Tope
Old 05-20-2019, 11:14 AM

Thank you Tope! I actually have an iLok 2 and an iLok 3. I put the Vanilla copy on 2 and Ultimate on 3.

When my partner plugs the iLok 2 into his MacBookPro, he can boot PT Vanilla 2019.5. But to get to Cloud Collaboration, I had to sign him in with my account. Then we downloaded our test session to his MBP, but it closed the session on my MacPro running Ultimate saying it was in use on another machine.

Can he create a separate Cloud Collaboration login some how so we can collaborate simultaneously on a project?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:12 PM

Ahh, figured it out. He was able to login with HIS Avid Master account and now we are rolling with Cloud Collab. Thanks!