Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 PM

Default Soft Keys No Longer Execute Keystrokes

EDIT: I've found the Eucon commands for moving edit selections, but now when I program the below example as a soft key shortcut (e.g., moving selection up, muting the clip selected after moving up, then moving selection down), it only mutes the clip that was initially selected before initiating the soft key shortcut and completely ignores the command to move up. I had upwards of 20 soft keys programmed, and now only parts of these work. If I'm missing something please do point it out (EUCON is enabled in the Prefs).

OG POST
After I upgraded EuControl to 19.5 my soft key shortcuts don't work, specifically my keystrokes, but functions that I programmed as EUCON commands still work fine.

Example:
Ctrl-P (Move edit selection up) => Cmnd-M (Mute selection) => Ctrl-; (Move edit selection down)

That sequence no longer works. I can use the EUCON command of Mute Clip as a replacement for the Cmnd-M keystroke, but I see no EUCON command for moving edit selection, so the other shortcuts never get done.

I can't go back to 18.3 because I also updated the PT Control app on my iPad, and conveniently the app no longer works with 18.3. I understand that doing the physical keyboard shortcuts still work fine, but I created that shortcut (amongst others that no longer work) so that I only have to press one button to have that entire sequence happen instantaneously. Please help!!

Specs:
Mac Pro 6,1, OSX 10.14.4 Mojave
PT 2018.12
EuControl 19.5
Avid Artist Mix

Last edited by aadvance; 05-15-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Soft Keys No Longer Execute Keystrokes

Just tried a whole slew of keystrokes as soft keys, none work anymore, I can only program Eucon commands. Way to f*$& something else up Avid...
Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 PM

Keystrokes are definitely working here.
Is the command focus on the correct window? Just a thought.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-15-2019, 05:36 PM

Where command focus is really wouldn't matter because entering the full keystroke should work regardless of where command focus is (ex: move edit selection up is just "p" with command focus on timeline, but Ctrl-p does the same thing regardless of where command focus is). All my soft keys had the full-on keystroke entered instead of just where command focus was, and now they don't work.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:39 PM

Understood.. Mmm, mine are all working as they should. Chains of keystrokes etc.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 PM

Working here.

Try a complete uninstall (using the installer's option for uninstall) and then reinstall of Eucontrol.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:29 AM

Unfortunately I've done an uninstall and reinstall of Eucontrol, PT Control app, and PT in varying combinations, and nothing is bringing it back to where it was before. Sucks, but I guess I learned the hard way that if it ain't broke don't fix it...
Old 06-19-2019, 12:16 AM

I want to add to this.
I just got a new mac mini and reinstalled everything Eucon 2019.5
Now when creating user page controls my macros using keys as part of it won't work anymore...
example:
New Playlist -> Eucon Command new playlist (works)
/n (return) to close the dialog (does not work)
I tried the enter key as well... same results

Funny enough when I hit the softkey twice, the first time the New Playlist dialog comes up and the second time it closes. This should happen with just one softkey press.

Please fix!
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, UAD Quad Pcie
Apollo Twin Duo,
HDX Card,
2x Avid I/O Analog 16/16,
4x Artist Mix, Avid Dock, PT Control,
2019 Mac Pro 12 core, 48 gig Ram, running Big Sur,
lots of outboard gear
Old 11-11-2019, 02:43 PM

Yup. Same here. I created several workflow edits and they are no longer executed. The main issue is creating anything that has "enter/return" key related. It sucks.