Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 07-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Default Re: UAD Console & Protools BEST PRACTICES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Yes, Console is a virtual front end. A tracking console if you will. And yes, you can choose to just monitor with processing or commit to tape (or both!!), on a channel by channel basis.
Thanks Drew. That puts the Apollo back on my radar.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:57 PM

Hey there, i to recently switched to an Apollo twin interface and love tracking on it with a mac and the latest pro tools and i have all my tracks outputting into Console's virtual 1-2 and then I'll print a stereo audio track with virtual 1-2 as the input and maybe a light mastering ,dynamic plugin on it..i have 'verb and delay ,vox fx as aux tracks with individual tracks being bussed into them etc..i configured pro tools, playback engine LLM etc as per the UA set up guide etc but it seems like when i write fade outs , automation etc. in PT it doesn't happen?not working.. wonder if after i print the stereo track i should switch back the playback engine etc and go back to PT only ? or something ?I trackinstruments , vocals thru Console into Pro Tools then mix routed into Console ,back into PT via Console sends and i kind of like utilizing the 'Oxide Tape' plug in as an insert in Console however.. i apologize, i'm more of a bassist/muso then engineer but i was always able to draw fade outs and write automation with fx , pans etc before using Console!..I'm probably missing something so basic ,i realize i do have a bit of the 'Dumb' but i can't find the answer anywhere! most not be asking the right question !guess in a nut's shell can you route audio into Console then back into PT via sends and utilize the fade outs and automation as i print in PT? so i can then bounce it to disk and email MP3's to my phone , laptop etc for listening in the car etc? thank you very much for your time! and hopefully understanding haha sincerely , stumped in Burbank JPF
Old 05-16-2019, 03:14 AM
Universal Audio

See reply in other thread.