Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-29-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Volume automation greyed out?

... and won't respond to the automation written in. This happend after copying a session to another disc. Why's that and what can I do about it?
Thanks

Tubz
Old 02-29-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Volume automation greyed out?

Have you tried Command clicking on the Track names? You may have accidentally suspended the automation.
San Diego, CA
Old 02-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Avid

Hi,
It sounds like you may have disabled automation on some tracks. In the edit window make sure the track’s display is set to volume not waveform. Try command clicking on the grayed out field that says volume that should enable automation again.
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 02-29-2004, 02:19 PM

Quote:
It sounds like you may have disabled automation on some tracks
Hi. That was was the first obvious thing to check. I was also setting the automation memory to it's highest. None of the things worked.
I was inserting 4 bars in a song, cutting and pasting and so on. Some tracks with automation and some without. Suddenly the master and some other tracks stopped reading the automation, even though auto read was activated. (and the tracks was offcourse activated)
I've redone my work (a bit slower ) and everything is working fine now. I've been desperatly trying to reproduce the error, so we can find out what was going on, but now I can't get the darn thing NOT to work.
Thanks for the help anyway!!!

Best regards, Tubz
Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Hi,

I know this is years later. But I think it will be a great fact if it happens again. I'm running pro tools 2018 on PC. I just got the same error. I was toggling automation on and of with ctrl+click over the automation and somehow I got the same error on one of my tracks. It's a pro tools bug that hasn't been solved yet. The volume automation kept gray and was like off. I tried duplicating the track but the same error was duplicated on the track.

Work Around:
- Open a new track.
- The track with the problem, put in waveform under the track's name, instead of on the volume automation.
- Copy the waveform and paste it into the new track. Automations are copied, but the problem with the automation is solved, in the new track it's not grayed for ever.
- Copy any inserts and/or sends you had on the track with the automation problem.
Done.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:29 AM

Another year later and it's happened to me (PT 2019.10). Somehow I had suspended automation. I went to WINDOW>AUTOMATION and unsuspended everything. Who knows what I clicked to suspend everything.