How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 06-18-2019, 02:27 PM

Default Re: 2019.5 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Message me directly and we will start by harvesting some logs from your system.

best,

Jeff
ok.
-----
Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Hi Everyone,

I finally installed 2019.5 for both ProTools and S6. Here are my initial impressions:

While I think that the whole expand knob and attention DAW Area thing has come a long way, I'm finding the entire system has slowed down due to this.

Trying to edit across multiple tracks (clicking from one track to another) at any pace is just laggy. The system as a whole has just slowed down.

Another slightly annoying thing is, I have this habit of clicking a track or selecting a clip and quickly pressing SHIFT+S to solo that track. This brings up a new instance of my EQ smack in the middle of my screen (as if I had pressed shift and clicked on that insert).

Disabling Eucon brings the speed right back to where it was. As does disabling the Edit Window check box in the "Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area" User Setting.

Mac Pro Trash Can 32Gig Ram Sierra
Sonnet Chassis
S6-M10 Port 1 Directly connected to En0 of the Mac, Using DHCP server on S6.
PT 19.5 HDX1
MTRX

Last edited by laki; 07-01-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Added sys specs and some findings.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Avid

Greetings,

You may want to try disabling Open Windows on Workstation Attention if you are going to keep the trigger for "Edit Window" ticked for Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area. I would also disable Close Windows When No Longer Editing. Both of these can be found under Settings > User.

There are some significant optimizations being worked on that Eddie can probably speak to.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 07-05-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Greetings,

You may want to try disabling Open Windows on Workstation Attention if you are going to keep the trigger for "Edit Window" ticked for Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area. I would also disable Close Windows When No Longer Editing. Both of these can be found under Settings > User.

There are some significant optimizations being worked on that Eddie can probably speak to.

best,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I will give these a shot on Monday. However, it would be soooo cool if this just worked seamlessly. I’m editing AND mixing at the same time, so having that Eq window switch with my selection is super powerful. But the performance hit is just unworkable.

Right now its a tease of what life could be like.

Would love to hear about optimizations from Eddie.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-07-2019, 09:06 PM

Jeff, I just tried your suggestions. This has now made it workable. I've also found a great addition to this. I have checked "Open Windows on Knob Touch". So all I need to do is touch any knob in the expand zone and it brinks up the plugin.

Brilliant!
Old 07-29-2019, 12:15 PM

Jeff,

Is there a way to 'split the difference' on this? Prior to 2019.5.1. I really like the open plug ins on touch, but the close when no longer editing is a bit frustrating for me. Previous to 2019.5, I would use the blue button (config) on each channel to close the plug in window. That doesn't seem to function in the same manner any longer.

What am I missing?

Randall

Quote:
Greetings,

best,

Jeff
Denver, CO