Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-14-2019, 08:41 PM

Default Pro Control Headphone Send Not Working

I have an HD III Accel system that I just connected to a Pro Control. The DSUB cable is not pinned correctly, so I have to listen back to my audio through outputs 7-8. My real problem is that I am not getting a headphone mix at all through the headphone output. I am told that Pro Tools has the Pro Control set up to play the headphone output though 1-2 but I don't know how to either cross patch my I/O setup to see the headphone outputs, nor do I know if I can get my I/O to actually play out through 1-2 like I did with my Control 24.

Any suggestions or help is extremely welcome. I have a 192 I/O, and it goes straight in and out to my Pro Control.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Pro Control Headphone Send Not Working

Not to be sarcastic, but I would start with a correctly-wired DB25 cable

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-15-2019, 11:44 AM

The cable is the one that came with the system. There is something that Digidesign did to make the pin configuration tricky. I am friends with the old training officer for Digidesign and he said to cross patch the system in the I/O setup. That's where the tricky part comes in. We are pretty sure it's not the DB 25 cable. Unfortunately, my pal is not able to come here to my studio, so he suggested I go to the DUC for help. Thanks anyway for the sarcastic remark. I appreciate the humor, but I'm looking for a solution. I need help from someone who has cross patched their system, and maybe I should have mentioned that in my original thread. Thanks for trying to help though, I do appreciate it. Scott
Old 05-15-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg View Post
I have an HD III Accel system that I just connected to a Pro Control. The DSUB cable is not pinned correctly, and this apparently was a problem back in the day. Digidesign had a reason for pinning this cable the way it is pinned so I'm a bit screwed. Right now, I have to listen back to my main audio through outputs 7-8. My real problem though, is that I am not getting a headphone mix at all through the headphone output. I am told that Pro Tools has the Pro Control set up to play the headphone output though 1-2 but I'm also told that I have to cross patch the outputs in my I/O setup for it to see the headphone outputs.

Any suggestions or help is extremely welcome. I have a 192 I/O, and it goes straight in and out to my Pro Control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg View Post
The cable is the one that came with the system. There is something that Digidesign did to make the pin configuration tricky. I am friends with the old training officer for Digidesign and he said to cross patch the system in the I/O setup. That's where the tricky part comes in. We are pretty sure it's not the DB 25 cable. Unfortunately, my pal is not able to come here to my studio, so he suggested I go to the DUC for help. Thanks anyway for the sarcastic remark. I appreciate the humor, but I'm looking for a solution. ;-) I need help from someone who has cross patched their system, and maybe I should have mentioned that in my original thread. Thanks for trying to help though, I do appreciate it. Scott
Old 05-15-2019, 12:45 PM

Why do you keep quoting your own posts here? We removez a quote before and now we have two more so whats the idea behind that? Just confusing people..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-17-2019, 03:24 AM

Hey Scott,

How things buddy, long time no see.

I would try going to the I/O setup > outputs tab page and make a master output routed to outputs 7-8

This might then send the mix out to the correct pins on the digisnake to the pro control.

But does sound like you have the wront digisnake for the pro control.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.