Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2014, 04:35 AM

Default Assertion Bug when changing track views.

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue trying to change views on a Win7 64bit PC running PT 11.2.1

I've imported a relatively large number of clips from a (externally recorded) drum session, 6-7 takes on each mic, 10 mics in total, so I end up with 10 channels, each with 6-7 clips on each.

I'm trying to move the "good" clips to different playlists so I can toggle between them, but keep running into an issue.

I start by grouping my channels together and then attempt to move clips from the main track onto new playlists. I know there are many ways to do this, but this seemed to be the quickest:

1) Switch to the playlist view using Shift+Win+Left/Right - all the channels change to playlist view (as expected)
2) I then drag one of the clips underneath the main playlist - this creates a new playlist containing the moved clip. Because the tracks are all grouped together, the change happens on all channels.
3) Select the new playlist from the dropdown list on any of the drum channels. The main playlist is now the newly created one...
4) Try to switch back to waveform view using Shift+Win+Left/Right

I then get a number of access violation errors, plus some messages along the lines of

Could not complete the Select All command because Assertion in "e:\ code\ 139106\ protools\ newfilelibs\ time\ Time_TypedBase.h", line 140

Is this unique to me, or is there a bug here? I can replicate is quite easily with only 2 channels and 2 clips involved...

My workaround has been to do this the 'classic' way: cut the clip I wish to move to a new playlist, manually create the new playlist (Win+\), then paste into it.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Thanks,

benw